This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuity - Aladdin, A Musical Spectacular

Over a year ago, it was discussed that some people had not even noticed a few missing characters such as Abu and Rajah. Something else caught my attention the other day.

(Jargon to know: drop= a large, unframed peice of material suspended from a pipe, can be painted or plain.)

When Aladdin enters the Cave of wonders, there is a black drop the comes down, with a silohuette of Jafar and Iago. Here is the continuity problem:

In the scene leading up to the cave entrance Jafar is wearing his peasant clothes. In the silohuette on the drop, he is wearing his regular Jafar shoulder-hook clothes.

It can be argued that as soon as Aladdin goes into the cave, Jafar would want to be in more comfortable clothes, but he is waiting for Aladdin to return with the lamp, and wouldn't be seen in his regular clothes.

In the movie, Jafar stays in the peasant wear throughout the whole scene.

Nit-picky I know, but when you love a show like this, why not?

Re: Continuity - Aladdin, A Musical Spectacular

I saw this last weekend for the second time, and I have to say it's starting to go downhill. The Genie jokes weren't funny this time around, and were generally outdated. By the time we left my friends and I were like "No more genie jokes please!!!"

Hopefully they will update it, or scrap it for something new in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by DCAFTW View Post
      I saw this last weekend for the second time, and I have to say it's starting to go downhill. The Genie jokes weren't funny this time around, and were generally outdated. By the time we left my friends and I were like "No more genie jokes please!!!"

Hopefully they will update it, or scrap it for something new in the near future.
      Really? I saw it for the first time a week ago, and I loved it. And I thought the genie jokes were very current. Maybe it depends on the genie?
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

My sister saw it two weeks ago and reported that Genie's Jokes were hilarious and TOTALLY up to date!

I have seen this show, I'm guessing, about 60 times since February 2005 and I love it each time.

Comment

I don't know...but there were like 3 myspace jokes, and myspace isn't really current anymore. Not to mention some shameless plugs for Ratatouille. I wasn't really impressed this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
            Really? I saw it for the first time a week ago, and I loved it. And I thought the genie jokes were very current. Maybe it depends on the genie?
            Yes, it totally depends on who plays the Genie. Most are pretty good. There was one a few years ago that even cracked-up the cast.
            These are the games that never end.

Comment

I don't know...but there were like 3 myspace jokes, and myspace isn't really current anymore. Not to mention some shameless plugs for Ratatouille. I wasn't really impressed this time around.

Originally posted by Ward View Post
              Yes, it totally depends on who plays the Genie. Most are pretty good. There was one a few years ago that even cracked-up the cast.
              Yes, it depends on who plays the Genie. I've seen some meh so-so genies that weren't to funny and used the same jokes but I've seen some super funny genies that were hilarious.

Comment

Myspace jokes aren't current? Until every 12 year old emo kid dies, it's still current

I saw this show in April and the Genie was definitely funny, and had the audience laughing by just saying the word "Cinnamon"

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

When I saw it last Wed July 18th Genie did some jokes with High School Musical it was so funny even Genie himself was laughing at it.

Comment

When we saw it on the 21st the Genie was freakin' hilarious! Yes it does depend on the Genie. I don't mind the subtraction of Raja and Abu, because the way the book for the show (script) is written it doesn't matter their addition or subtraction (note the lyric change in "One Jump Ahead"- "You're my only friend Abu" to "I could use a friend or two."). That's just my take on it, seein' as how Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie and I would love to see this as a full fledged Broadway musical.
                    sigpic
                    Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by CelestialImperium View Post
                      Myspace jokes aren't current?
                      Myspace jokes, whether current or not, are always funny.
                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Yeah, psh! I mean, c'mon! Who even uses myspace anymore? That fad has certainly passed. I hope they don't do any iPhone jokes because that thing came out like a month ago and is totally not current anymore.
                        Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Man, and I just created a myspace page, too. Now what will I do??

Comment

we went like the day the iphones came out and he said something
                            and we paris hilton just got out of jail and when aladdin wished him free genie said "now i know how paris feels!"

if he said that now it would be stupid

he mentioned myspace too and youtube

Comment

We saw it July 15 and LOVED it. The Genie was a riot!
                              If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X