Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No School In Los Angeles Thursday Sept. 14?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No School In Los Angeles Thursday Sept. 14?

I booked my trip to Disneyland yesterday for September 12-14. A quiet Wednesday-Friday trip. It's the off-season, it won't be crowded at all. Right?

The Los Angeles unified school district INEXPLICABLY is not in session on Thursday the thirteenth, as I read on MousePlanet today.

So, I assume that on a day like that Disneyland would be packed much like the summer months I wanted so desperately to avoid. I just don't understand why school would be out of session for a random Thursday like that. I mean, they're back in school on Friday: what sense does that make? I know a Disneyland message board isn't a great place to lament what now feels like a poor investment in a vacation, but I'm just feeling terribly disappointed.

-Trevelbond-

Re: No School In Los Angeles Thursday Sept. 14?

It won't necessarily be packed its not like the local schools are out of session. Might be a little bit more crowded than you thought but then again who knows.
    --MusicMouse
    Join The one Campaign. make poverty history.

Check out SILAS a band from Eugene Oregon
    Peep 'em here:

The official band page
    Help the musicians of New Orleans bring back the music at
    MusicRising.org

Amnesty International

Comment

Originally posted by MusicMouse View Post
      It won't necessarily be packed its not like the local schools are out of session. Might be a little bit more crowded than you thought but then again who knows.
      Yeah, I'm just nervous and horribly confused about it. Kind of an unexpected twist.

I'm hoping for the best.

Comment

i wouldn't be so worried that the LAUSD is going to be out that day (probably a teacher meeting day or something)

i don't see that having an huge impact on the crowds. perhaps if orange county schools were out.....

Comment

Originally posted by Trevelbond View Post
          Yeah, I'm just nervous and horribly confused about it. Kind of an unexpected twist.

I'm hoping for the best.
          That's the Attitude to have. Any trip has it's unexpected twist. For example I didn't know I was gonna fall flat on my face while pumping gas before getting on the road to Disneyland. Just have fun and enjoy you time at DL. At least you know what to expect, so that would make it an expected twist wouldn't it? Have fun.
          --MusicMouse
          Join The one Campaign. make poverty history.

Check out SILAS a band from Eugene Oregon
          Peep 'em here:

The official band page
          Help the musicians of New Orleans bring back the music at
          MusicRising.org

Amnesty International

Comment

I've seen many times in the past through messages posted here and in person... On the days you think the park will be packed, it's not- but then on the days you expect it to be empty, it's packed.

Never know what to expect at Disneyland. It seems like since back when the 50th kinda "kicked things off", it's been pretty busy even in the off season periods. Nothing to really worry about.

Just relax, take your time doing things (even if it is busy) and have fun!
            -Wes

Comment

Hate to tell you this ... but it WILL be packed. We went on one of those days a few years back and it was WORSE than a Summer day. Why? Staffing and hours. They have off-season staffing and off-season hours.

And if people have Thursday off, do you REALLY think they will be going back to school on Friday?

Comment

I think that is "Everyone's Going to Disneyland Day" for LAUSD.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X