Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ticket Booths

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ticket Booths

    My friends and I are planning on being at the park for rope drop next week. I have not done this in years and have a question. For one of my friends this is a blackout day. I could not find this on Disneyland.com, but what time do the ticket booths open? If the park opens at 8 for example when would the booths open up? Thanks.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

    FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

    FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

    FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

    FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

    FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

  • #2
    Re: Ticket Booths

    I don't know if they still sell tickets at the Disney Store but in my pre-ap days I used to get my park tickets there so that I didn't have to wait in line. You can also get park tickets at the Disney concierge in South Coast Plaza.

    Whether or not you can get black out tickets from these locations, I am not sure of. But there are ways of getting park tickets other than at the booths themselves.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ticket Booths

      Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
      I don't know if they still sell tickets at the Disney Store but in my pre-ap days I used to get my park tickets there so that I didn't have to wait in line. You can also get park tickets at the Disney concierge in South Coast Plaza.

      Whether or not you can get black out tickets from these locations, I am not sure of. But there are ways of getting park tickets other than at the booths themselves.
      Black outs can only be gotten at the park, the day of the block out. (No pre purchase available.) Get to the booths early, I believe they start selling tickets an hour before the park opens (or is it 30 mins?)
      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ticket Booths

        I believe you are correct Malcon10t that it is 1 hr prior. They have a couple of windows open on the DTD side and open more as opening approaches.
        Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ticket Booths

          Thanks for your help. We are planning on arriving arround 7:30am.

          Also for the morning where is the best/easiest place to park? Are both the lion king lot and the structure open in the mornings usually?
          FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

          FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

          FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

          FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

          FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

          FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ticket Booths

            Originally posted by indyIluvu View Post
            Thanks for your help. We are planning on arriving arround 7:30am.

            Also for the morning where is the best/easiest place to park? Are both the lion king lot and the structure open in the mornings usually?
            Basically coming from the south the easiest place to enter the park is in the Lion King lot (Timon). Coming from the north the structure should be your best bet.

            I personally think the best parking lot is Timon but that is a matter of debate...

            If it is easier for you to go to the Timon lot, then go there first entering via Harbor Blvd. If Timon is closed you can still enter at the gates there, but they just re-direct you to the structure. They do this by giving you a slip of paper with your parking ticket telling you to go directly to the structure and it gives you simple directions on how to get there.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ticket Booths

              And just so you know they don't always do rope drop. Yesterday for example they didn't have one, sometimes even on weekends they don't :P. If you go and they don't have one and you're disappointed, you can always go to dca an hour later, they let you in a little early and have an old one they still use hehe.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ticket Booths

                Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                Basically coming from the south the easiest place to enter the park is in the Lion King lot (Timon). Coming from the north the structure should be your best bet.

                I personally think the best parking lot is Timon but that is a matter of debate...

                If it is easier for you to go to the Timon lot, then go there first entering via Harbor Blvd. If Timon is closed you can still enter at the gates there, but they just re-direct you to the structure. They do this by giving you a slip of paper with your parking ticket telling you to go directly to the structure and it gives you simple directions on how to get there.
                That's correct. I was at the park yesterday. The Lion King lot wasn't set to open until 10am, so anyone arriving before then were directed to the Mickey and Friends structure. Then you just show the parking pass there and proceed on through.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ticket Booths

                  Originally posted by indyIluvu View Post
                  My friends and I are planning on being at the park for rope drop next week. I have not done this in years and have a question. For one of my friends this is a blackout day. I could not find this on Disneyland.com, but what time do the ticket booths open? If the park opens at 8 for example when would the booths open up? Thanks.
                  Just so you know, on the days the park opens at 8am, there is no rope drop. Turnstiles open at 8 and the race is on.
                  If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Ticket Booths

                    Originally posted by indyIluvu View Post
                    My friends and I are planning on being at the park for rope drop next week. I have not done this in years and have a question. For one of my friends this is a blackout day. I could not find this on Disneyland.com, but what time do the ticket booths open? If the park opens at 8 for example when would the booths open up? Thanks.
                    You can pick them up at AAA a few days before (and get free parking).

                    Funny thing, my AAA Office never asks to see my AAA card when buying tickets.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Ticket Booths

                      Originally posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
                      You can pick them up at AAA a few days before (and get free parking).

                      Funny thing, my AAA Office never asks to see my AAA card when buying tickets.
                      Black out tickets are NOT available at AAA.
                      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Ticket Booths

                        regarding the ticket booths: sometimes not all of the booths are open. is there still a problem of cast member turnover, or is it based upon attendance figures(# of guests in line to get into the park(s))?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Ticket Booths

                          Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
                          regarding the ticket booths: sometimes not all of the booths are open. is there still a problem of cast member turnover, or is it based upon attendance figures(# of guests in line to get into the park(s))?
                          Mainly based on the demand of the guests.

                          Some consolidation has happened, such as Guest Services closing in the early evening, and only leaving a few windows open in one Ticket Booth Building. The computerized system allows the regular windows to handle over 90% of what is offered at Guest Services.

                          But only on a rare occasion are all the windows open. Disney is also promoting ways to buy your tickets in advance, also reducing demand for ticket windows to be open.

                          But Disney wants you to be inside the parks buying food and merchandise, not standing in line to get into the parks.
                          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Ticket Booths

                            Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                            Mainly based on the demand of the guests.

                            Some consolidation has happened, such as Guest Services closing in the early evening, and only leaving a few windows open in one Ticket Booth Building. The computerized system allows the regular windows to handle over 90% of what is offered at Guest Services.

                            But only on a rare occasion are all the windows open. Disney is also promoting ways to buy your tickets in advance, also reducing demand for ticket windows to be open.

                            But Disney wants you to be inside the parks buying food and merchandise, not standing in line to get into the parks.
                            cool thanks db.

                            also, I visit your picture ''site frequently. great pics.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Ticket Booths

                              Originally posted by Rally Ray View Post
                              That's correct. I was at the park yesterday. The Lion King lot wasn't set to open until 10am, so anyone arriving before then were directed to the Mickey and Friends structure. Then you just show the parking pass there and proceed on through.
                              Is the lion king lot allways closed in the morning? If so, is the structure the only lot open before the park opens, and how bad are the lines to get into the structure in the morning? In other words, how much time should I expect to wait getting a parking spot in the morning?

                              Thanks
                              FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

                              FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

                              FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

                              FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

                              FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

                              FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X