Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallery reopening in January?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gallery reopening in January?

    Ok, take this with a grain of salt, but don't blow it off entirely. Also, this is all the information I have, but I'll pass more along if I hear anything. I searched but didn't see that anyone else had posted the information. A source passed me along to tomorrow's "Resort Today" schedule, and under "Refurbishments/Closures" the Disney Gallery is listed with an open date of January 5, 2008. Now I know very little about how reliable any of this may or may not be, but I think wild guessing and speculation are in order.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

  • #2
    Re: Gallery reopening in January?

    I have a copy of tomorrow's (Aug. 17th 2007) Cast Member Reference Guide in my hands right now as I type this and it says:

    The Disney Gallery -- Closed: Now -- Reopens: TBD

    Sorry ...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Gallery reopening in January?

      I'm not sure what this is that I have exactly (not being a CM, myself), but it's a 3 page PDF with the heading "Resort Today." The rest of the info on it is legit, and my source couldn't care less about this information. They just sent it to me because they thought I'd be interested.
      -SilentDante
      eliselzer.blogspot.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Gallery reopening in January?

        Originally posted by SilentDante View Post
        Ok, take this with a grain of salt...
        Comin' up!

        Charlie :wave:
        MiceChat User #1037

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Gallery reopening in January?

          We can only hope.
          "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

          http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Gallery reopening in January?

            I'm guessing that means that on that date, the new suite for the YOAMD winners will open in place of the Disney Gallery, rather than the gallery re-opening. Not sure, but that's what I would guess.


            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Gallery reopening in January?

              Could it be a temporary thing? Just opening for a few months of YTMND and then being packed off back to Ikea and reopening as the gallery?
              Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
              DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Gallery reopening in January?

                Remember, a reopening with some far off reopening date made that much easier to shut down the original Submarine Voyage and Rocket Rods. So don't swear by the January date. It could be to stall or fake us out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Gallery reopening in January?

                  >>Remember, a reopening with some far off reopening date made that much easier to shut down the original Submarine Voyage and Rocket Rods.<<

                  ...and Sleeping Beauty Castle!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Gallery reopening in January?

                    Originally posted by SilentDante View Post
                    the Disney Gallery is listed with an open date of January 5, 2008.
                    Now THAT'S what I call a birthday present for me! Disney Gallery reopening on my 25th birthday? :beg:I'm going to need a lot of birthday candles to pull of this miracle.

                    Originally posted by Circarama View Post
                    Comin' up!

                    Dude...that's A LOT of SALT! I'm getting dehydrated just looking at it!
                    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Gallery reopening in January?

                      FYI - The mousesavers newsletter that came a couple of days ago lists the gallery re-opening on the 5th of January.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Gallery reopening in January?

                        Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
                        Now THAT'S what I call a birthday present for me! Disney Gallery reopening on my 25th birthday? :beg:I'm going to need a lot of birthday candles to pull of this miracle.


                        Dude...that's A LOT of SALT! I'm getting dehydrated just looking at it!

                        I think Charlie is telling us that we need to take this info with
                        A WHOLE LOT OF SALT, not just a single grain.
                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Gallery reopening in January?

                          Originally posted by IdahoMike View Post
                          I'm guessing that means that on that date, the new suite for the YOAMD winners will open in place of the Disney Gallery, rather than the gallery re-opening. Not sure, but that's what I would guess.
                          Bingo! Most likely this is the way it will happen. By January the remodel will be finished, in time for a grand "reopening" of the second year of YOAMD. They are using the term "gallery" because thats what the area was in its last incarnation, and they don't have an "official" publishable name for the new suite yet.

                          Thats what I'm placing my money on.




                          Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                          Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Gallery reopening in January?

                            Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                            Bingo! Most likely this is the way it will happen. By January the remodel will be finished, in time for a grand "reopening" of the second year of YOAMD. They are using the term "gallery" because thats what the area was in its last incarnation, and they don't have an "official" publishable name for the new suite yet.

                            Thats what I'm placing my money on.
                            Four months just to do some interior decorating and to finish the lift? Seems a long time. Especially since this project is green lit from the "top".
                            Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                            DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Gallery reopening in January?

                              Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                              Four months just to do some interior decorating and to finish the lift? Seems a long time. Especially since this project is green lit from the "top".
                              Good point. But it depends on how much work will be decorating and how much might be structural reconfiguring. Yet at the same time I can't see them spending thousands (or more) of dollars to redo a structure into a suite ment to be occupied overnight by guests, then less than 4 months later tear it all our and put a store back in the same place. I mean Disney has done some dumb things in the past but....




                              Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                              Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X