This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cove Bar Qs

Ok, I'm hoping to hit Cove Bar on the first weekend in October around lunchtime. First question, I just want to make sure that the bar is open again (I think I read that is true).
    Second question, I really hope I can get some help on. Last time I was there and they weren't "closed down", just "closed" and the CM at Ariel's said something to the effect of they open when the bartenders feel like showing up, and probably around 3. Is this the case? I'm hoping to do lunch there, and 3 is a little late, especially with dinner plans. They have such cool lunchy, snacky items that certainly they could benefit from being open earlier, but if they aren't they aren't. Anyone know?
    Thanks!

Re: Cove Bar Qs

The best advice I can give? Call that morning to see if and when they'll be open. I've been burned several times...going when they are scheduled to be open but finding out they are closed for one reason or another.
    But there is always the Hearthstone Lounge if you really need a bevie.
    Originally posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

Comment

Yeah go in the morning, ask a vest, and then if you need a food fix Hearth's Lounge is there, as is Lost Bar, the Grandville's lounge, UVA bar (which makes a mean Jack and Coke), and Ralph's.

Comment

During the non-summer hours they usually used to open around 1PM. But like everything else there these days it depends on staffing.
        Mike

Comment

The Hub (CM Info Website) lists the CB as opening at 12 pm. Unfortuntly it only has listings trough next week. Aristocat is right, if it's really important to you, it's probably wise to call ahead of time.
          :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

I've seen it open anywhere from 1 - 4. Don't expect it to be open for lunch though around noon. You never know though with Cove.

Comment

My first and only time I went they pretty much only had chips and salsa on the menu. We ordered and waited through 2 drinks until they closed the place down. Too bad we were hungry for munchies.

One of the bartenders made me one of my favorite drinks that sounds strange but is actually quite good. A Pina Colada with a shot of kahlua mixed in. Very nice blend of flavors. Pina Coladas with the liquor Ke Ke in it is good too!

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocat View Post
                The best advice I can give? Call that morning to see if and when they'll be open. I've been burned several times...going when they are scheduled to be open but finding out they are closed for one reason or another.
                But there is always the Hearthstone Lounge if you really need a bevie.
                I would call that morning also to find out if the cove will be open.

Love the crab cakes. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm and the Mai Tai's.

Comment

Before Summer Peak, the Cove Bar "official hours" were 2:30 to 8 PM on Fridays, and Noon to 8 PM on Saturday and Sundays.

Now, in October, DCA will close at 6 PM most Fridays, so there is a good chance of the Cove Bar not opening for the short period of time, due to the Halloween Treat events in the evening (in which no alcohol is served in the park, in fact they even place walls up in front of the Beer Truck, in case some poor kids eyes get blinded due to the shine metal .

So I recommend the Lost Bar on Fridays, and the Cove Bar on Saturday and Sundays (No MHT events will be held on Saturday and Sunday).
                  Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                    Just wanted to say though, Hearth and Lost Bar are out b/c I am also going for the food.
                    hopefully it's noon or 1 (2 at the latest), otherwise it's whitewater for me :-/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X