X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates with new effects

I read in another forum this

"New Projectors have been added on Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland. They replace Davy Jones and the Fort Battle scene. They are also brighter."

is this true??

Re: Pirates with new effects

So far as i know and have seen, nothing has been "replaced." I know they tweaked the last Jack Sparrow (Captain!) animatronic with a new face, but that was a while ago.

Comment

I was there on monday and the only thing different was the missing crab.

Comment

I can confirm a new projector for the battle-scene. It looks clearer than it ever did before. However, Davy is still dull and fuzzy.
        -Monorail Man

Comment

The crab is gone again!?
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Speaking of the Davy Jones effect, they need to fix the mist screen so it goes all the way to the water. I went on POTC last night and the screen only went half way to where its suppose to go, the kids in our boat almost had to stand in the boat just to feel the mist with their hand!

Comment

I noticed a week or so ago that they were needing to replace the lamp in the Davy Jones projector. Hopefully they will soon.
              Most often found at a theme park

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
                The crab is gone again!?
                It was Monday.

Comment

I thought the fighting shadows looked different. Much better in my opinion. Davy Jones may have looked a little better, but nothing worth noting.
                  “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

Hmm.. I didn't notice anything different.. then again.. I'm not one to really notice any type of enhancements until waaay too late and it's already been discussed and beaten to the ground..

However.. I did notice that the last time I was on POTC (last week) that the davy jones effect was kinda lost in the fact that they had so many boats passing through it so quickly that the mist didn't really have time to recover in between passing boats.. so the effect was kinda lost due to heavy boat traffic.. you get what I'm saying.. right??

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

I was shot in the chest by the Cannons. Now we just float around the ride as ghost.
                      I know you, :squeeze:I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert). :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                        Speaking of the Davy Jones effect, they need to fix the mist screen so it goes all the way to the water. I went on POTC last night and the screen only went half way to where its suppose to go, the kids in our boat almost had to stand in the boat just to feel the mist with their hand!
                        Wierd because in florida that effect works properly. The screen goes all the way down into the mist

Comment

I also confirm the fort battle sceen. It looks so much better now! I'm happy!
                          "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
                          "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

I was disappointed at Disneyland's Davy Jones effect. After seeing Walt Disney World's version, I noticed that ours is crappy and theres way too much breeze there.
                            DisneyTwins
                            Since May 2003

Comment

I can confirm that Davy Jones looks grrrrreat now! I just noted this in my trip report (with a small pic).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X