Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas at Disneyland will start a week later than normal this year, 11/16/07

Disneyland.com has now posted the entertainment schedules for the rest of 2007, and now all the main events, including the Fireworks and the Christmas Parade start a week later than the last few years, Friday, November 16th.

"it's a small world holiday" will open a week earlier, November 9th, but mainly for ride capacity issues, as in the past Veteran's Day weekend has had capacity crowds.

But don't expect all the decorations to be up until Nov. 16th.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Christmas at Disneyland will start a week later than normal this year, 11/16/07

Huh. Why are they starting later this year?
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

Re: Christmas at Disneyland will start a week later than normal this year, 11/16/07

cool! maybe theyll keep the emphasis on fall longer too

Comment

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
        Huh. Why are they starting later this year?
        Why?

As I understand it, facilities felt rushed last year (the first year of HalloweenTime) and wanted additional time to remove the Halloween stuff and place up the Christmas decor.

There is no need for any special events to be held Veteran's Day weekend, as the park hits capacity, so why advertise or promote when they show up regardless of marketing.

So allowing the extra period makes almost everyone happy.

And heck, don't we start celebrating Christmas too early in general?

Heck, I think we should have Darkbeer's BD celebration last as long

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
          Why?

As I understand it, facilities felt rushed last year (the first year of HalloweenTime) and wanted additional time to remove the Halloween stuff and place up the Christmas decor.

There is no need for any special events to be held Veteran's Day weekend, as the park hits capacity, so why advertise or promote when they show up regardless of marketing.

So allowing the extra period makes almost everyone happy.

And heck, don't we start celebrating Christmas too early in general?

Heck, I think we should have Darkbeer's BD celebration last as long
          What an unimaginative solution to the problem.

If they really were with it they would just invent a transitional holiday.

Like Chrisween, or Hallomas

Comment

They did add a week to HalloweenTime, so I don't see this as a big issue, things happen and change.

Also most of the Christmas stuff now goes thru January 7th, so you have an extra week at the end. Heck, iaswh stays open until late January, and that is just plain weird to hear the music weeks after New Years Day.

Comment

Decemberween...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                They did add a week to HalloweenTime, so I don't see this as a big issue, things happen and change.

Also most of the Christmas stuff now goes thru January 7th, so you have an extra week at the end. Heck, iaswh stays open until late January, and that is just plain weird to hear the music weeks after New Years Day.
                That's not Christmas celebration, it's Festivus

Donald could be the icon

Comment

Oh, goodie! I get fireworks for my birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                    "What an unimaginative solution to the problem.

"If they really were with it they would just invent a transitional holiday.

"Like Chrisween, or Hallomas."
                    There is already one.

I think it's called "Thanksgiving" if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
                      There is already one.

I think it's called "Thanksgiving" if I remember correctly.
                      Bleah.

What a Turkey of a holiday ...

Comment

Good. Christmas season really shouldn't begin until the end of Thanksgiving day anyway. When Santa shows up at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, then it's Christmas season.
                        The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                          Good. Christmas season really shouldn't begin until the end of Thanksgiving day anyway. When Santa shows up at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, then it's Christmas season.
                          Yes...the day after Thanksgiving is indeed one of my favorite days. The Macy's parade really does mark the true beginning of Christmas. haha!

Comment

duh, it's starting on november 16th because that's my wedding day and our first honeymoon will be spent in a suite at the disneyland hotel.

incidentally, if anyone wants to give me and my beloved blockout passes for saturday the 17th, :bow:

Comment

Thanks for the info Darkbeer! We are hoping for a DL trip to see the holiday decor again this year!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X