This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick or Treat at Disneyland

Does anyone know if they have trick or treating for kids at Disneyland?

Re: Trick or Treat at Disneyland

Two years ago, they did something in DtD on a Sunday, but it became a big fiasco.

They didn't offer anything in 2004, and I presume they won't be doing anything in 2005.

Knott's Berry Farm offers "Camp Spooky" for kids on weekends in October, including trick and treating. Included in the regular park admission of just $14.95 for kida 3 thru 11.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

The coolest thing about the event was the huge Malificent inflatible that was positioned in front of the main gates! Also it was the introduction of seasonally-themed treats such as hot cider, etc. Here's a bit more:

Back in '95 & '96 Disneyland was home to "Mickey's Halloween Treat," a nighttime celebration designed to appeal to children.

The special-ticket event took place at the Anaheim, Calif., park on five nights: Oct. 24-25 and 29-31. Each day, Disneyland closed to day visitors at 6 p.m., and by 7 p.m. it was transformed into a haunting--but not too scary--spot until the parks midnight closing.

"We wanted to create a safe trick-or-treating event that was a fun event for employees as well as guests," said event producer Sayre Wiseman. They did offer in park trick-or-treating at the time as I recall.
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

We were there for the trick-or-treating as mentioned above. We had a blast!

We also were very sad when they didn't continue it...

At least they should have maintained the halloween atmosphere each year. I can understand not too many people wanting to fork over extra money for the halloween event after hours, but I'm sure that if a scaled down version of it was offered during regular hours, it would boost attendance.

Comment

It was great fun! Evidently however it was not financially successful enough to merit the expenses incured. But we did get the (the fingers-crossed experiment at the time) Haunted Mansion Holiday out of it. They were so unsure of this fairly daring/revolutionary spin that they didn't even spend the extra $$$ to use Danny Elfman's original music the first year!
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Is this halloween event JUST for kids then? Or can adults dress up and trick or treat as well?

Comment

No clue on the trick or treating part but adults can dress up for this one.

Comment

I believe adults can go trick-or-treating, too. There were a couple of reports of the event when it was at Disneyland. They're on MousePlanet, somewhere. I'm trying to find them.
                Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                    May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Here's a link to what is going on this year:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ight=halloween
                      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Still trying to find out if rides & attractions are going to be up and running!
                        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X