Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Passes for Dual Residency folk?? What counts as "proof" of residency?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Passes for Dual Residency folk?? What counts as "proof" of residency?

OK, I really, really, really hope I'm posting in the right place and that my question isn't listed elsewhere....I tried doing a search and going through stickies, but didn't see this listed.

My question is essentially: what is needed to prove Southern California residency for an annual pass? My parter works in Southern California 4 days a week and keeps an apartment down there, but he keeps a primary residency here in San Jose. Essentially he has two residences, but his driver's license shows his San Jose address.

I have read up on this on NUMEROUS sites, but only see reference to needing "proof," not what counts as proof.

I recall that when I lived in FL a driver's license was sufficient for Resident discounts on single-day tickets, and I wouldn't be surprised if one was further necessary--but figured it would be worth asking.

So, is it possible to bring bills, copies of leases or such to qualify for an annual pass?

I would assume that even IF he would be eligible, he would only be able to get one pass (meaning I would still have to pay regular admission prices when I visit), but it could still save money in the end if we ramp up the frequency of our visits.

Thanks much!

BrerDan
    Last edited by BrerDan; 09-12-2007, 01:05 PM. Reason: Insert Type of Post code

Re: Annual Passes for Dual Residency folk?? What counts as "proof" of residency?

I believe you can use things such as local utility bills to show residency. I have used a staff ID card (I work at a major university in So Ca) for proof. Also, I think you can purchase more than one ticket with a So Cal ID, but I could be wrong. You used to be able to for sure. But I don't think you can get more than one AP with it. Just single tickets.

Comment

Re: Annual Passes for Dual Residency folk?? What counts as "proof" of residency?

I have a pass already so this question isn't for me, but for some friends of mine. Will a Southern CA university ID work as proof of residence for my out of state friends (who live here for school)?

Comment

It used to be your utility bill works just fine, and I know he can get more then one ticket, as in the head of household status.
        I know they go by zip codes

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

It sounds like it might be worth a shot, at least!

Originally posted by Kath2188 View Post
          It used to be your utility bill works just fine, and I know he can get more then one ticket, as in the head of household status.
          I know they go by zip codes

Comment

Show your Driver's License/Permit or School ID.

If you don't have either - then there is a problem....

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pirate View Post
              I have a pass already so this question isn't for me, but for some friends of mine. Will a Southern CA university ID work as proof of residence for my out of state friends (who live here for school)?
              Yes. I have used UCLA and USC IDs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X