This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carsland

Hello everyone, I'm a new member but longtime reader. I've been keeping up with all of al's updates and must say I'm pretty excited about what the future holds for the Disneyland Resort. I just have a couple questions about DCA's future plans. Carsland is rumored to be built in the Timon lot behind the farm area, so my question is this: will Carsland be replacing bugsland as well? It seems to me that bugsland takes up far too much space for what it actually is. What I would like to see happen is for Carsland to replace all of bugsland and the farm area with only the Cars ride itself and some other things built in the actual parking lot. That would leave a lot more room in the Timon lot for other things, which leads me to my next question. There's no way Carsland will take up the entire parking lot, so what else should they put back there? Your thoughts?

Re: Carsland

First, import Rock n' Roller Coaster to the HPB in the parking lot. I also say expand the Pacific Wharf area with an earthquake attraction. That's all I can think of right now.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

was carsland mentioned in defending the kingdom?

Comment

i think disney should dream up some Route 66 thinks that go with the carsland theme

Comment

I agree with you about expanding Pacific Wharf, Rockr. IMO, they should make P.W. into more of a Discovery Bay type area. It could have a whole host of detailed, elaborate attractions if they extended it into the parking lot. I'm picturing a great big boat ride featuring a colorful group of sailors having encounters with comical sea lions, menacing sharks, whales, and perhaps the giant squid from 20,000 leagues. And next to that could be a highspeed ride using Indiana Jones technology but themed to San Francisco during the late 1800's, and instead of Jeeps they could be new-fangled cable cars that haven't quite been broken in yet. The ride vehicle would resemble a cross between the Starspeeder from Star Tours and the Indiana Jones Jeep as far as its size and movement capablities, but would appearance wise it would look like a cable car that you might find in San Francisco in the late 1800's. What do ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
            i think disney should dream up some Route 66 thinks that go with the carsland theme
            Agreed. The Cars movie IMO is not sufficient enough to carry the theme of Route 66. Anything related to the movie should not leave the E-ticket Cars ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket Jet View Post
              so my question is this: will Carsland be replacing bugsland as well?
              From my understanding, A Bug's Land will remain. There were early plans to add even more Pixar related attractions to this section of the park. But we'll have to wait a bit longer to know for sure.

Although, Carsland does look like a pretty sure thing (You just never know with Disney - they change their minds a LOT). Concept art for the Carsland was shown at the last Disney shareholder meeting.

http://corporate.disney.go.com/inves.../int/dint.html (There are a lot of other VERY interesting images on this page)

-Dusty
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

it's just that the route 66 district is soo small so it should be located in the timon lot. any cars themed rides should support the Route 66 area. I also think the bugs land should eventually be replaced with something stronger.

Comment

maybe it's just me dreaming but wasn't DCA's theme Carsland before it was DCA?
                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

in the movie there stuck in arizona
                    almost positive

because if he was in california he would know how to get to the racetrack in LA or wherever it was

or am i completly wrong?

Comment

And next to that could be a highspeed ride using Indiana Jones technology but themed to San Francisco during the late 1800's, and instead of Jeeps they could be new-fangled cable cars that haven't quite been broken in yet. The ride vehicle would resemble a cross between the Starspeeder from Star Tours and the Indiana Jones Jeep as far as its size and movement capablities, but would appearance wise it would look like a cable car that you might find in San Francisco in the late 1800's. What do ya think?
                      This would be a great technology and theme for the Earthquake ride everyone is hoping for. And (coincidentally?) would tie in perfectly with Brad Bird's 2009 film, 1906... Another Pixar ride!

Originally posted by Dusty Sage
                      Although, Carsland does look like a pretty sure thing (You just never know with Disney - they change their minds a LOT). Concept art for the Carsland was shown at the last Disney shareholder meeting.
                      Incidentally, it's Carland--as seen on the concept art you posted!

Comment

were going to get an earthquake ride! at the rate of pixar films becoming attractions its most likely! im excited

Comment

what the concept art looks like is we could get a version of test track....that would be way cool
                          "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

I agree with you about expanding Pacific Wharf, Rockr. IMO, they should make P.W. into more of a Discovery Bay type area. It could have a whole host of detailed, elaborate attractions if they extended it into the parking lot. I'm picturing a great big boat ride featuring a colorful group of sailors having encounters with comical sea lions, menacing sharks, whales, and perhaps the giant squid from 20,000 leagues. And next to that could be a highspeed ride using Indiana Jones technology but themed to San Francisco during the late 1800's, and instead of Jeeps they could be new-fangled cable cars that haven't quite been broken in yet. The ride vehicle would resemble a cross between the Starspeeder from Star Tours and the Indiana Jones Jeep as far as its size and movement capablities, but would appearance wise it would look like a cable car that you might find in San Francisco in the late 1800's. What do ya think?
                            I think great minds think alike, I was thinking about a ride idea like that a few months back, that would be awesome. But the only down side, is that it might be a bit like universal studios.

Comment

well as far as i heard, and yes disney does change things all the time for as of now, the carsland is supposed to take over the farm area, except for bugs land, that is suppose to stay which really disappoints me, i hate how carny and bad that area is, this had a chance to have some really awesome dark rides and they give us off the shelve rides. anway, and its suppose to go somewhat into the timon lot but not all the way that way there is still room to expand.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X