This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area music at disneyland

I love listening to the atmospheric music played in the parks world wide old and new. but my question is when DL opened, besides the ride sound tracks, was area music played in the park lets say circa '55?

Re: Area music at disneyland

thats a reallly good question and your gonna make me actually do some research for once, cause i dont know the answer to this one...i will get right on it hehe
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Originally posted by Wally
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

not till 1971.
      http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

Originally posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
        not till 1971.

BLAST! he beat me to the post...i read it was 72...but again he beat me anyways... garsh....:lmao:
        "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
        "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
        "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
        I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
        If you won the lottery what would you do?
        Originally posted by Wally
        Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

^^WHAT?! you mean Disneyland didn't get area music until then????? well it makes sense bc that is also when MSEP introduced the new sound technology. The use of an underline track through the speakers and and music within the units.

THANX guys!

Comment

some of the old stuff sounds vary Lowrance welk sp?

Comment

ummm ok...from 1971-1992 was mainly Albert White and the GasLight Orchestra and from 1992-now is mostly Paragon Ragtime Orchestra.

that's for Main St btw
              http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

wow were did you get that info??

Comment

What we really need is to have Paragon Ragtime's Christmas Album on Main Street at Christmas time. With the odd blend of music at Christmastime, that's my least favorite aspect of the holidays.

Comment

Disneyland without area music...wow. I admit, I've seen lots of photos of Disneyland's early days, and I never did imagine it with area music...but I never tried to imagine it without. Man, times have changed.

Comment

Until the technology was available...they just had numerous cast members on top of buildings turning the record players connected to big megaphones to pump the music out for the guests...

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                        Disneyland without area music...wow. I admit, I've seen lots of photos of Disneyland's early days, and I never did imagine it with area music...but I never tried to imagine it without. Man, times have changed.
                        so true! I always boast to my friends that Disneyland is a multi-sensory experience from the moment you enter the park. The smell of popcorn, the awesome sights, and the music all contribute to Disneyland's story. and the collimation of the senses really made it feel like your stepping into a Disney movie.

Comment

check out Jelly Roll Morton , very rag timey , reminds me of mainstreet every time i hear it

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

I have a few tracks used for Euro Disneyland's main street, and I have to say that the tracks there sound more American than ours. If thats possible though.

Comment

Originally posted by ScarLion View Post
                              Until the technology was available...they just had numerous cast members on top of buildings turning the record players connected to big megaphones to pump the music out for the guests...
                              Umm for real?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X