This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concept Art of the Grand Californian DVC Units

While it has been officially announced this week, I haven't seen any pictures of the possible final project.

Well, here is the proposed concept piece for the new DVC units:

http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/miniSit...essReleasePage

Originally posted on BlueSky Disney
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Re: Concept Art of the Grand Californian DVC Units

Not much of a departure from the existing hotel, as far as its design goes.

Comment

^None at all, which is a safe way of expanding a current establishment.

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure why I was expecting it to have a different design. Now that I think about it, it would probably look very awkward if it deviated from the rest of the hotel. My question is: are DVC units the same size of your standard hotel room? Or are we talking better amenities and more space?
        "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland Tourist View Post
          Yeah, I'm not sure why I was expecting it to have a different design. Now that I think about it, it would probably look very awkward if it deviated from the rest of the hotel. My question is: are DVC units the same size of your standard hotel room? Or are we talking better amenities and more space?

I am not a DVC expert, but we did stay on DVC property (Boardwalk) our last trip to WDW. The main additional amenity was a 'kitchenette' in our room. Which contained a refrigerator, sink, microwave, and storage cabinets.

So, I believe these are a little bigger than just a standard room with a different layout and design.

Last edited by ROBONICS95; 09-21-2007, 07:07 PM. Reason: Picture of the 'kitchenette' in our room

Comment

nice
            Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

This was posted in the "Sneak Peak" thread...

Originally posted by AEGuy42 View Post
              Yay! Here's a thumbnail to the scanned in and pasted-together concept art:

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
              I don't have time to go through the whole thing, so not sure if somebody mentioned it, but where redwood creek is/was, you can see the DVC villas at the Grand Californian.
              Is this concept art detailed enough to help us validate this theory? The main similarities I am noticing are the 'multi-level' rooftops.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland Tourist View Post
                the DVC room will go about 330 - 360 sq ft in room.
                Most Standard room will be around 280- 300 sq ft.

DVC studios will have a Kitchentte
                Wet bar Mini-refrigerator, Microwave oven, coffee maker
                sleep four people.

now for the one bedroom and two bedroom
                Have a full size kitchen full size refrigerator and stove.
                whirlpool tub size for two
                One will sleep 4 may be five people

and Two bed room will sleep 8 people
                AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                Older photo
                New Photo

Member of
                MiceChat WDW Trip
                Next trip
                2014 Dec, 31