This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Opening Ceremonies July 17 1955 on DVD

Man, I envy you California folk and Disneylanders that will be at Disneyland on Sunday.

Am I the only person who has plans to celebrate Disneyland's 50th this Sunday by pulling the Walt Disney Treasures "Disneyland USA" DVD off the shelf to watch the original opening day ceremonies broadcast?

....And how cool is it that Disneyland opened on a Sunday and 50 years later the same date is on a Sunday again?

Hope all of you have a lot of fun! Wish I was there!

Re: Disneyland Opening Ceremonies July 17 1955 on DVD

That is really cool about it being on Sunday again. I watch that disney treasures dvd weekly. I am totally obsessed with it. I especially like watching Annette sing that "Dance Annette" song, she is adorable!

Comment

Originally posted by EmilyStrange
      That is really cool about it being on Sunday again. I watch that disney treasures dvd weekly. I am totally obsessed with it. I especially like watching Annette sing that "Dance Annette" song, she is adorable!
      Hee Heee! The "Disneyland After Dark" show tends to be the one I watch when I do look at this set.

Thanks! Now you've put that song in my head!

Comment

That's what I plan to do on Sunday since I'm 2000 miles away and can't actually be there. I'm glad I did get to visit DL over Memorial Day weekend though, so I really can't complain.
        "I'll be in my bunk...."

Comment

I just watched the opening yesterday! It's awesome!
          Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
          FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
          I bring the magic!!!
          "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
          Originally posted by Reverend DMother
          Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

I wished it included other Disneyland specials... like the Opening of Space Mountain...

You know, they don't do this anymore... There is no TV promotion of the park outside standard advertising... And some of my foundest TV memories where watching park oriented shows...

HEAR THAT IGER... PARK ORIENTED SHOWS!

I wonder if he heard me....
            Check out my other blog:

Comment

We have plans to watch it again tonight!!! We last watched it on May 5th, while everyone else was at the parks!!!

I think watching it tonight is going to tick off my kids.....cause they're not coming with me this weekend!! :whistling

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell
                We have plans to watch it again tonight!!! We last watched it on May 5th, while everyone else was at the parks!!!

I think watching it tonight is going to tick off my kids.....cause they're not coming with me this weekend!! :whistling
                Oh my... how did that go?

Comment

Originally posted by redcon1
                  That's what I plan to do on Sunday since I'm 2000 miles away and can't actually be there. I'm glad I did get to visit DL over Memorial Day weekend though, so I really can't complain.
                  Cool.. Actually I'm having a couple of Disney friends over on Sunday night so we'll celebrate here...also thousands of miles away.

Glad you got to go to Disneyland during the 50th. I haven't been there since my one and only visit during Christmas week of 1997! I'm DUE!

Comment

Glad Im not the only one to be watching the DVD this sunday

Comment

I have yet to get my Disneyland DVD in the mail, but if I get it tomorrow, yes I will watch it on Sunday. I just love seeing how parks like disneyland change throughout time.

Comment

I am so excited about getting this DVD. I am so excited that I actually feel like I will be going to disneyland even though I moved thousands of miles away from So. Cal about three years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell

Stinkerbell who will you be going with? I hope you have fun

Comment

:ot:

OK... Thread drift I know... but I just switched to Apple computers this week (iBook G4) after my old Windows based laptop died. In the dock the Calendar application icon has the date "July 17" on it when the program isn't open... coincidence or sly reference to Disneyland... could be..
                            Steve Jobs--->Apple---->Pixar---->Disney....

Hmmm....

Comment

Does anyone know what time of the day Walt gave his opening speech at disneyland?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X