Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

    I am planning my yearly trip to DL (from NJ) and I have been thinking about food.

    What are your favorite places to eat outside of the parks and DD (within a short drive)?

    Here are mine:

    Breakfast: IHOP.... pancakes rock!
    Lunch: El Pollo Loco... we don't have 'em here
    Dinner: Tony Roma's.. again, not in NJ


    BTW, I found this site:

    http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/...211&forum=6&15

    which has great photos of the old Sambo's restuarant in Anaheim. There is still a Sambos in Santa Barabra. Maybe I will stop there when I am up north.
    sigpic
    Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

  • #2
    Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

    I'd like to know what others think too. I want to invite some friends for a birthday breakfast for myself on the 28th of this month and the only time I can get at the resort is 7:30. Not going to be a big turn out for that!

    Just so you know, after church my parents and I often go to the Back Bay Cafe which is located inside the Newport Dunes Resort in Newport Beach. They have a nice brunch and is in a beautiful setting on the Upper Newport Bay. It's a bit of a drive, about 20 minutes from Disneyland, but it is a nice setting.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

      I've only eaten at Mimi's. Yummmmmm.
      But there's a Dave and Buster's nearby, which I totally recommend.
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...


      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

        lunch...In and Out
        OLM!!!
        There is no better park than TDS

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

          Dave and Buster's? Really? I have heard really good things about the Dave and Buster's in Washington DC.

          That might be worth doing! They have video games, right??
          sigpic
          Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

            Mrs. Knott's Chicken Restaurant.

            Ok, not a short drive but well worth it!
            **************************************
            :captain: Brian9549

            Relive fond Memories of The Country Bears
            The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown!
            The Country Bear Jamboree
            The Country Bear Christmas Show

            Come see my other vids on google and youtube, just search for brian9549 or click here or here or here

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

              Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
              I'd like to know what others think too. I want to invite some friends for a birthday breakfast for myself on the 28th of this month and the only time I can get at the resort is 7:30. Not going to be a big turn out for that!

              Just so you know, after church my parents and I often go to the Back Bay Cafe which is located inside the Newport Dunes Resort in Newport Beach. They have a nice brunch and is in a beautiful setting on the Upper Newport Bay. It's a bit of a drive, about 20 minutes from Disneyland, but it is a nice setting.

              There is a great little place on Ball & State College called Willy's. Better check to see if they are open for breakfast on Sundays. If you like Cafes there is a Busy Apron on Lincoln and Anaheim that has good breakfasts.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

                Originally posted by aashee View Post
                There is a great little place on Ball & State College called Willy's. Better check to see if they are open for breakfast on Sundays. If you like Cafes there is a Busy Apron on Lincoln and Anaheim that has good breakfasts.
                Thanks Chad! Those are some different ideas other than the IHOP on Harbor or wherever it is...

                I'll look into it!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

                  Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                  Thanks Chad! Those are some different ideas other than the IHOP on Harbor or wherever it is...

                  I'll look into it!

                  FYI. If it's Denny's I'll see you at the meet. Funny but serious!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

                    For some weird reason, always end up at Denny's at least once...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

                      Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      FYI. If it's Denny's I'll see you at the meet. Funny but serious!
                      In that case, Denny's it is!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

                        Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                        In that case, Denny's it is!

                        Mmmmm Denny's.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

                          Originally posted by aashee View Post
                          Mmmmm Denny's.
                          :lol:


                          But seriously.. Denny's is icky..
                          <3 Chloe

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

                            Theres a Millies down the street on Harbor Blvd towards the 5 freeway that is SCRUMPTOUS!
                            You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Favorite near-Disneyland dining (breakfast, lunch and dinner)

                              Originally posted by Sweetie View Post
                              Dave and Buster's? Really? I have heard really good things about the Dave and Buster's in Washington DC.

                              That might be worth doing! They have video games, right??
                              Yes, it's at that mall there, I think on Chapman?
                              They have games (and you can collect tickets for cheesy prizes), DELICIOUS food and outstanding drinks! It's one of my fave places to eat! They always have specials going on, too. Check the Web site. Haven't been to this one, but all the others I've been to have been excellent!
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...


                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X