This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dining - Where to eat?!

I was wondering if you could list those "can't miss" places to eat in the DLR area, if offsite, please make sure it's within walking distance of the parks.

I also need some reviews on Carnation Cafe for breakfast and Blue Bayou for Lunch/Dinner. Yay, nay or anything inbetween.

All ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Dining - Where to eat?!

Well, you can't beat the Blue Bayou for atmosphere. It's definitely worth one visit, especially if you get the earliest priority seating, get there early, and wait for a waterside table.

Bengal Barbeque is one of my faves inside DL. Especially the spicy beef skewers and the vegetable skewers. The bacon-wrapped asparagus ain't too shabby, either.

Storyteller's Cafe is one of my very favorite restaurants at the resort.

I've also had very good meals at Hooks Pointe, but it's been a few years since I dined there.

Those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by KDR View Post
      Bengal Barbeque is one of my faves inside DL. Especially the spicy beef skewers and the vegetable skewers. The bacon-wrapped asparagus ain't too shabby, either.
      Is Bengal Barbeque all spicy BBQ or do they have more sweet BBQ offerings?

Comment

My personal favorite place to eat at the resort (besides Club 33) is the Storytellers Cafe located inside the Grand Californian Hotel. I only recommend doing the buffet if you're going to do breakfast there. If it's dinner time, Storytellers is one of my favorite places to get grilled salmon (don't get the salmon salad for lunch - you'll be disappointed).
        Zoe Necrosis
        Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Comment

Everything in DtD, both parks or 3 hotels are within walking distance, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Also, for the time you are thinking of visiting, some parts of GardenWalk could be open so that's a possibility as well.

As for not miss places to eat:

Yamabuki at Paradise Pier Hotel
          Napa Rose at Grand Californian
          Storytellers at Grand Californian
          Blue Bayou for Lunch (same menu as dinner, just less $$)
          I'd suggest 1 breakfast at Cafe' Orleans and 1 breakfast at Carnation. I also do believe the Riverbelle will be open when you are here.
          Hooke's Pointe at Disneyland Hotel
          Ariels Grotto (might be good to get a group together for this) at DCA
          Trattoria at DCA

I think being the WDW guru that you are, the eating in Disneyland may not impress you. I know I thought it was sub-par before going to WDW, and now that I've been to WDW twice, I REALLY think the food at Disneyland is sub-par.

That said, there are quite a few places and you should be able to hit all of them during your trip.

Summer, Bengal BBQ is meat sqewers and they have the bacon wrapped asparagus. YUMMY!!!

Comment

Dole Whip in Adventureland.
            Storytellers Cafe in the GCH (Downtown Disney)

Comment

And of course Lobster Nachos, BBQ Chicken Pizza and Fried Calamari at the Cove Bar (among other things )

Comment

Inside the DLR:

Carnation-good for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can't go wrong

Plaza Inn

GCH: White Water Snacks

PCH Grill at the Paradise Peir hotel is good too

Outside fo the park? Mimi's Cafe. It's within walking distance. I love that place.
                Katie :yea:
                Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Forgot about White Water ... best counter-service (well, maybe not best SERVICE) food at the resort.

We ate at PCH on Saturday, our first time. We did enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                    Blue Bayou for Lunch (same menu as dinner, just less $$)
                    The Lunch and Dinner Menu Entrees vary slightly. If you have a hankerin' for a Monte Cristo, you can't get one come 'dinnertime'. Conversely, their Filet Mignon is only available for dinner. Their entree prices (as Clink pointed out) are predictably much lower for lunch.

Comment

At the Paradise Pier Hotel you should try the Lilo & Stitch breakfast! The food is very good, and who wouldn't love a buffet with Stitch on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                        At the Paradise Pier Hotel you should try the Lilo & Stitch breakfast! The food is very good, and who wouldn't love a buffet with Stitch on the side.
                        That's disgusting! Who would ever want to eat Stitch! :yuck:

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                          Is Bengal Barbeque all spicy BBQ or do they have more sweet BBQ offerings?
                          The chicken skewers are on the sweet (not spicy) side. My personal fav!

Comment

Awesome suggestions! Thanks so much! My goodness, choices choices.

Now to look at menus. :P

Who knew Ariel's Grotto was a food establishment? LOL

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                              The Lunch and Dinner Menu Entrees vary slightly. If you have a hankerin' for a Monte Cristo, you can't get one come 'dinnertime'. Conversely, their Filet Mignon is only available for dinner. Their entree prices (as Clink pointed out) are predictably much lower for lunch.

Monte Cristo is DEFINITELY on my list, I hear so many things about it so Blue Bayou for lunch. Not to mention the thought of over looking pirates sounds incredibly cool to me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X