Can I get a child switch pass from a CM at the fast pass machine instead of the ride?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tammy
    • Nov 2005

Can I get a child switch pass from a CM at the fast pass machine instead of the ride?

Strategizing for our trip in 2 weeks: two parents, and 4 kids, ages 11, 9, 5, 2.

Can I get a child switch pass from a CM at the fastpass machine instead of from the CM at the entrance to the ride?

And if so, that means that the fastpass CM will probably not check to make sure that part of our group actually enters the ride at that time?

How many people can use a child switch pass? Two or three?

And last--a fastpass question about Autopia. . .I have a two year old who can ride Autopia with me but she cannot get a fastpass (as she has no admission ticket). Will the Autopia CM let her ride with the rest of us with fastpasses, even though she won't (and can't) have one?

Thanks as always for your expert advice.
  • Junthor
    DL Nerd
    • Apr 2007

Re: Can I get a child switch pass from a CM at the fast pass machine instead of the r

Originally posted by Tammy View Post

And last--a fastpass question about Autopia. . .I have a two year old who can ride Autopia with me but she cannot get a fastpass (as she has no admission ticket). Will the Autopia CM let her ride with the rest of us with fastpasses, even though she won't (and can't) have one?
    I dunno about the rest.....

but this answer is a yes, She can ride.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

• sediment
      Banned User
      • Jan 2005

Re: Can I get a child switch pass from a CM at the fast pass machine instead of the r

If you have fastpasses, then I see no need for a child-switch pass. Just have some of your family get in the Fastpass queue at the appointed time, while someone or two wait for them to exit. Afterward, the child is placed in the custody of family members who exit the attraction, while the former child-holders use their fastpasses.

I think it is two, max. We usually have one person wait, and then someone else gets to ride it twice.

Comment

• Darkbeer
        Darkbeer
        • Jan 2005

No to getting a Child Switch Pass from a FP CM, you get them only at the entrance of the attraction.

The way the system works, the majority of the party is supposed to use the main queues, so if you got FP's earlier, you can use the FP line. When entering the queue, ask the person at the front of the queue for a Child Switch pass, they might ask to see the other adult and the child waiting before they issue you one. You then use the FP queue and ride the ride, then you "switch" and the other adult gets to ride, while the original Adult waits with the kid(s) that can't ride. They do allow kids to go both times, up to a resonable limit.

As for Autopia and FP, yes, just say she is 2 and doesn't have a ticket, and they will let you go through with a valid FP.
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• Karnever
          • Jan 2005

General rule of Fastpass majority rules so if you have 6 people and only 5 have passes the 6th can come in also..

Comment

• stinkerbell
            Man O Lantern
            • Jan 2005

We like to max out our ride time with our three kids--12, 9, and 6. Now all three can ride everything at Disneyland, so it's a non-issue, but here's how we used to do it:

First thing in the morning--I'd ride Indy with two kids, husband would get a child switch pass and 4 fastpasses. Later in the day, we'd ride over and over again using a combo of switch and fastpasses.

Ditto that on Space Mtn. on another day.

Your two year old doesn't need a fastpass.

Remember, you don't have to ride during the fastpass "window," you can ride after that time, but not before it.

Have fun!

Comment

• CPTNMatt
              DLR
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Tammy View Post
              Can I get a child switch pass from a CM at the fastpass machine instead of from the CM at the entrance to the ride?

And if so, that means that the fastpass CM will probably not check to make sure that part of our group actually enters the ride at that time?

How many people can use a child switch pass? Two or three?

FastPass machine is for FP's only. The only way to get a "child switch pass" would have to be from a CM.

Your whole group gets a FastPass and/or waits in line. They ask "how many is in your party?".

Depends on who needs the switching. You can't leave your child with a CM or stranger. Has to be someone part of your group. They also can't be by themselves. Someone in your group waits, while the rest of you ride.

Yes. Since your 2-year-old gets in free, there is no way for him/her to get a FastPass. Therefore, she/he doesn't need a FastPass and the CM will (should) let you on.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X