Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when will DCA get a Disney coaster?

DCA is in desperate need of a Disney coaster and one has yet to be annouced. By Disney coasters, I am referring to highly themed experiences such as Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and the Matterhorn. California Screamin' is about as far from a Disney coaster as you can get.

Is anyone else really hoping that DCA gets a truly great Disney Coaster soon?

Re: So when will DCA get a Disney coaster?

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    California Screamin' is about as far from a Disney coaster as you can get.
    Yes but it is so fun! haha. I was hoping that the Hollywood Pictures Backlot was going to get Rockin Rollercoaster but I guess that's not happening.... plus it wouldn't have fit into the old Hollywood theme they are putting in
    "behind the orange curtain it's not so bad"

Comment

I don't think it needs a Disney Coaster. Screamin is a great ride and fits in thematically with what they'll be doing there. It just needs general thematic consistency parkwide.

Comment

Well, if they HAVE to put in another coaster, please let it be themed.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
          I don't think it needs a Disney Coaster. Screamin is a great ride and fits in thematically with what they'll be doing there. It just needs general thematic consistency parkwide.
          Screamin' isn't much fun to me. Anyway, the theme of Paradise Pier will likely still be kind of bland even with the overhaul.

Comment

Hmmm... I guess there's not a whole lotta space for a new "mountain" unless they do some shifting to add Rock'n'Roller Coaster to Hollywood, but I just don't know if there's the space. Having another one on the other side of the park would be too close to CA Screamin.

Maybe Monsters Inc can go the way of the dodo, combine with Hollywood & Dine to create a Hollywood Coaster there?

I dunno... just saying.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Whaddya expect? A Golden Gate Bridge roller coaster? :P

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Originally posted by pussnboots
              Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
              So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
              Zip-a-dee-duh.

Comment

For the land it's in, CS fits the theme perfectly.
                -Jack :geek:
                Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
                  For the land it's in, CS fits the theme perfectly.

And the original theme of that land is to have no theme, just to be an ordianry amusemnt park. If I wanted to visit an ordinary amusemnt park, I would go to a Six Flags.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                    And the original theme of that land is to have no theme, just to be an ordianry amusemnt park. If I wanted to visit an ordinary amusemnt park, I would go to a Six Flags.
                    The theme is an amusement park yes, and Disney themed the attraction to an amusement park setting. Fits the theme to me, sounds Disney-ish. Now the theme itself on the other hand...isn't very good, hence the change. But to answer your question the coaster is themed.
                    -Jack :geek:
                    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

To me, Screamin' could be found at Knott's or Six Flags with ease.

And both chains (and others, like Universal) have much better themed queues for Roller Coasters than Screamin' offers.
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                        And both chains (and others, like Universal) have much better themed queues for Roller Coasters than Screamin' offers.
                        I disagree with this statement. In my experience, queues found at Knott's and Six Flags (with a few exceptions) are just as plain and boring as the one CA Screamin' has. In fact, some even have less protection from the sun.

Comment

I like Screamin' because it's a technically competant roller coaster. There's a great launch and a great first half. It has a boring ending though.

I like that it's the sixth longest coaster in the world.

Screamin' doesn't belong in Disneyland, but I think as long as the rest of Paradise Pier is plussed, Screamin' belongs. Paradise Pier wouldn't be as interesting without it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
                            I disagree with this statement. In my experience, queues found at Knott's and Six Flags (with a few exceptions) are just as plain and boring as the one CA Screamin' has. In fact, some even have less protection from the sun.
                            Batman: The Ride is a decent attempt at theming for a Six Flags park.

Goliath has those huge letters in the front.

Comment

I think that with the new refurbishments planned, they're planning to make DCA into more of a family park. Chances of a new coaster look pretty bleak to me, although I do agree: California Screamin' just doesn't have that Disney factor.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X