X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reagan Library - Small Disney Connection

Hi MiceChatters:

I recently went on a trip to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley. I highly recommend that everyone go at least once, regardless of your politics, to learn about and honor the amazing life and accomplishments of our 40th President. A very interesting trip and a cool walkthrough of Air Force One to boot. Reagan Library

Right at the beginning of the tour, they have the original bust of President Reagan sculpted by Blaine Gibson for Walt Disney World's, "Hall of Presidents." It's one of the smaller connections between Reagan and Disney, but thought I'd share the picture with the MiceChatters to enjoy.

-DPE

"Youíre dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyway."
    - Walt Disney

Re: Reagan Library - Small Disney Connection

That is interesting!

Comment

Great find! I've been wanting to go up and visit the Reagan Library for some time. When I do finally get up there, hopefully this winter, I will have to look for the bust.

Comment

Interesting. I should make a trip up there some day if just to check it out.

Speaking of Presidential Libraries, the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda -- I suppose the Presidential Library closest to Disneyland -- had an exhibit a couple of summers ago displaying the Lilly Belle. I think that's what it was called -- anyway the famous miniature train that Walt used to ride around in his back yard. What amazed me is the amount of detail he put into this train -- I finally understood why Disneyland is so detailed. That's just the type of man he was.

Comment

Not sure who was watching the news last night. The Inspector General is a little upset with the Archives of the Regan library because thousands of articles are currently missing. According to the report the records are incomplete so they are not even 100% sure what is missing. The items missing range from gifts given by dignitaries to those sent in by the American public, all of it was being stored at a warehouse, where it was to be cataloged and eventually put on display. My apologies, I did not mean to derail the thread... also Regan hosted the opening to DL... so there is another tie-in.
          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Very nice. I really hope to visit the library some day.

Comment

Wasn't Ronald Reagan at the opening of DL with Art Linkletter??

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post

I think he was.
                All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post

According to the 50th anniversary show with Steve Martin he was. Then again, colorblind bulldozer drivers ripped out all the trees too in that movie.

In this case I'm pretty sure Mr. Reagan was there.

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post

In this case I'm pretty sure Mr. Reagan was there.

Chad
                    I believe he was there, I have the DVD of the opening day and I am almost 100% sure, so, this adds to Mr. Reagan's Disney connection.

Comment

Originally posted by DizneeProfitEar View Post
                      It's a terrific place to visit, as is the Nixon Library.
                      The bust looks to be made of chocolate.

Reagan, left, Bob Cummings and Art Linkletter host a live broadcast of the opening of Disneyland in 1955.

(File Photo)
                      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Very cool. I haven't made it to the Reagan Library yet - it's on my list of places to see.

(FYI, the Gerald Ford Museum in Grand Rapids, Michigan also displays the Blaine Gibson sculpture of President Ford. Not sure how many other Presidential Libraries/museums do the same.)
                        M A S E C A !

Comment

Just to resolve the debate, Reagan was there on opening day
                          ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Comment

The photo a couple of posts back proves it.
                            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I was at a wedding in the Simi Valley this past July, and we went to the Reagan museum. I wish I'd spent more time there, it is in such a beautiful location and I found it very interesting. I was with family, but next time I'd make a full day of it.

The cafeteria food was good too.
                              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                              on Bay Lake.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X