X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build your own Fantasmic

Water, Electricity, and Costumes not included

http://content.techrepublic.com.com/....e099.dl110707
    Last edited by JeffYardDog; 11-07-2007, 11:28 PM.

Re: Build your own Fantasmic

I think this is how they accomplish the Davy Jones effect in Pirates.
    Class of 2005...

Comment

Nice link, JYD. Now if they would just come up with a site where you could destroy your own Fantasmic!, I'd be on board...course, I could create one and then destroy it, but I have found that laying waste to someone else's hard work is much more satisfying.

Comment

This last summer they had a Pirates exhibit at the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana, just a 5 minute drive from the DLR.

To bad a lot of guests missed it. One of the exhibits displayed the Davy Jones fog effect, except it didn't have Davy Jones but a generic underwater scene.

All it is is a metal box about 6-8 inches on each side supported by two poles, and about as wide as the current Davy Jones setup in POTC, with a notch along the underside to release the steam. A projector is mounted maybe 10 or 15 feet away.

The problem with the Davy Jones effect is that this rigging is mounted up way to high. At the museum this was maybe no more than 8 feet above the ground.

The Davy Jones effect is mounted much higher than that so Disney either needs to get a stronger mechanism or mount it lower.

Comment

I love Fantasmic!

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X