This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of the Space Mountain Asteroid & lighting rig

Here is a shot of one side of the asteroid.

Re: Pictures of the Space Mountain Asteroid & lighting rig

Here is the other side.

Comment

And here is one of the lighting rigs.

Comment

Sorry for the humongous size. :gladsad:

Comment

So when didja take these pics? Was it during normal operating hours? Or did they just light up because of the flash on your camera.

Anyway, imo they look like painted paper mache. lame

But THANK YOU for the pics!

Comment

OK I've resized the photos. These were taken at start up of the mountain a couple of days ago. The word back stage is that the asteroid is an important part of the night time music track. So don't expect to see it lit until next year.

Also I had to bump up the brightness of these photos with photoshop which might explain why they look the way they do.

Comment

hehehe... the asteroids look like props from MST3K (which is not bad at all, IMO)

Comment

The first one looks like Oogie Boogie in the Haunted Mansion Holiday,

Comment

For anyone who is lucky enough to have ridden Disneyland Paris' awesome Space Mountain Mission 2, these asteroids will be a familar sight. Let me assure anyone and everyone reading this thread, when you zoom past these beasts, barely missing them while they are lit from within looking like molton lava... It is a very cool effect. Don't just look at a digital photo, taken with a flash and expect to see what you'll see while experiencing the ride! It'll be great. I assure you.
                  Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

This is the concept art:

Comment

Disnerd, when you took these photos was the asteroid actually normally lit? Or did you just take a flash picture to reveil what was hidden in the blackness?

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyandme67
                        For anyone who is lucky enough to have ridden Disneyland Paris' awesome Space Mountain Mission 2, these asteroids will be a familar sight. Let me assure anyone and everyone reading this thread, when you zoom past these beasts, barely missing them while they are lit from within looking like molton lava... It is a very cool effect. Don't just look at a digital photo, taken with a flash and expect to see what you'll see while experiencing the ride! It'll be great. I assure you.
                        This is an excellent point. The human eye perceives images differently than a camera, not to mention that things in motion look MUCH different than static images. Also, as mickeyandme67 mentions these images are fully lit. The designers of the ride never intended anyone to view them fully lit while riding the ride. This would be akin to watching a "behind the scenes" segment of a movie and then saying the movie sucked because the special effects weren't there in real life.

Comparing an effect that's fully lit, sitting still, out of context, and taken with a camera is so much more different than experiencing it in real life with movement, in context with the rest of the ride, gliding past it in the cars, with the lights turned down so low that it has an ominous glow.

And by the way, thank you for the pictures. They are always a treat to MiceChat and always appreciated.

Comment

Uh oh.. I HOPE these weren't taken from the ride (meaning that the lighting just got fixed... I just got back from CA!! ). Oh well, it looks kewl though
                          BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
                          I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Comment

When the pictures were taken the asteroid was not lit.

Comment

Were the asteroids ever lit?? I'm a little confused...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X