This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th railing on castle

That railing they put on the castle looked absolutely redonkulous when they put it up, and now that the 50th long over, are they going to take this thing down already? It throws the scale of the castle completely off, and just looks incredibly tacky.

Re: 50th railing on castle

Originally posted by The Shadoe View Post
    That railing they put on the castle looked absolutely redonkulous when they put it up, and now that the 50th long over, are they going to take this thing down already? It throws the scale of the castle completely off, and just looks incredibly tacky.
    Don't know what "redonkulous" means. Looked it up in Dictionary.Com but couldn't find it.

Translation please.
    Last edited by Druggas; 11-23-2007, 12:45 PM.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

The railing doesn't bother me. I didn't notice when they put it up and if it's still there I wouldn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
        Don't know what "redonkulous" means. Looke it up in Dictionary.Com but couldn't find it.

Translation please.
        Haha!
        Class of 2005...

Comment

I like some of the gold trim on the castle, that was left after the 50th.
          It does make the castle look a little more classy.

A curious thing, though. The 50th Big Figure Castle didn't have that
          gold rail. However the new big fig that was just recently released
          does have the gold rail.

There have been a couple threads here which some have indicated that
          the rails up there do have a purpose ~ safety reasons for the few times
          that people are up there, such as New Year's Eve.
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

These and the drainpipe squirrels, or whatever they are.
            I like those details though.
            Dr. Bitz

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
              I like some of the gold trim on the castle, that was left after the 50th.
              It does make the castle look a little more classy.

A curious thing, though. The 50th Big Figure Castle didn't have that
              gold rail. However the new big fig that was just recently released
              does have the gold rail.

There have been a couple threads here which some have indicated that
              the rails up there do have a purpose ~ safety reasons for the few times
              that people are up there, such as New Year's Eve.
              There also pyro guys that have to load some pyro on the castle. It probably is used by them as well for safety purposes.
              Class of 2005...

Comment

That railing does actually bother me... and I wish they would take it down.

Comment

The railing is for safety for pyro setup. If you don't like it, take it up with the state? I dunno, Disney's hands are likely tied.

Comment

i don't like the railing either, it makes the castle look like it belongs to barbie.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

It just clearly doesn't belong there... what castle have you seen that has a railing going over the tops of the arrow loops? It simply makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Didn't notice it. You got a picture?

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                          The railing is for safety for pyro setup. If you don't like it, take it up with the state? I dunno, Disney's hands are likely tied.
                          It might partly have to do with the state. The other entity you might want to take it up with is Disney's worker's comp insurance company.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadoe View Post
                            It just clearly doesn't belong there... what castle have you seen that has a railing going over the tops of the arrow loops? It simply makes no sense whatsoever.
                            I'd rather have the dudes who set up the fireworks show every night not fall off the castle rather than have it look absolutely perfect. Besides, I notice it but don't think it looks bad.

Comment

Does anyone know if the railing is practical, or purely decorative? If people are trotting across that spot on a regular basis and are prone to falling? One would have to be going a bit out of his or her way to get near that edge if the pictures are correct. There's quite a bit of room between the window wall and the arrow loops.

There's a lot of assumptions being made (myself included).

http://davelandweb.com/castle/images...Annette_BW.jpg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X