• My Impressions of the "50 Years of Magical Memories" Event

In Joyous Celebration of the
    50th Anniversary of Disneyland Park

<event logo>

This certificate verifies and authenticates
    that the bearer of this proclamation was in fact present
    and did add to the Magical Memories
    set forth on this
    the Seventeenth Day of July in the Year Two Thousand and Five.

Signed by Matt
    Matt Ouimet
    President of the Disneyland Resort

In the center of the certificate is a large picture of the Event logo. It's printed on nice parchment paper and it has a pretty border all around the edge. One of my favorite parts is that it is signed simply "Matt" (and he actually signed each one). It really is pretty cool, and I can't wait to have it framed!

About our release into the Park on Sunday morning.
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 07-20-2005, 11:48 PM.
    --Jonathan

Re: My Impressions of the &quot;50 Years of Magical Memories&quot; Event

All I can say is WOW! It sounds like you had a great time!

Did the Lillian package include something for Space Mountain?

Comment

As we left breakfast on the 17th (so that's for all guest of Walt, Roy and Lillian), we were given fastpasses to ride Space Mountain, for about an 11:00am-Noon time slot. I had gotten to experience it earlier in the week with the NFFC convention, so I saved mine as another souvenir. )
      --Jonathan

Comment

Thats a good idea.

I also attended the NFFC convention and I loved it! The night at Space Mountain was definately a highlight of the convention. And all of the goodies were an extra bonus. :ap:

Comment

Having been there also (Lillian's pkg, too - I agree: great value), I have to say your report was extremely well-written. Thank you for putting the time in to write it. :clap: I think I may join you in writing a letter of appreciation to WES - I thought Martha and her crew did an outstanding job.

Comment

Great report! When is the next event?

Comment

For anyone who might not have seen the link in another thread, I've got a report on the event located here, for anyone who's interested.

Comment

Originally posted by cstephens
                For anyone who might not have seen the link in another thread, I've got a report on the event located here, for anyone who's interested.
                WoW, what a great write up on the whole weekend! Thanks for the link.

Even with just "highlights" mine was so long; it just goes to show how much great stuff happened all weekend long!

:clap:
                --Jonathan

Comment

Great report Jonathan! I was in Lillians package as well, and also felt it was by far the best value.
                  I have already posted this on Micechat, but I'm reposting it here, since this is a decidedly more upbeat thread.
                  Trip report below, pictures to follow.
                  Sorry it took me so long to post, I came home to no internet access! ARRRRR!!
                  Anyways, I had an awesome time at the 50th event!! Walt Disney Event Services did an excellant job with just about everything that I was aware of. No complaints at all.
                  Highlights
                  (1) We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and because we booked our room thru a Disney on-line offer, we received a really cool 50th anniversary clock. Very sharp!

(2)The merchandise was amazing. Top quality. The Disneyland marquee was not injection molded plastic as I has assumed, it was cast resin, very stout and very cool to look at. For $95 it was a bargain.
                  The ornaments were very sharp. I got 2 sets. I had Christopher Radko sign one complete set including the 50th castle ornament which reads," Happy 50th, July 17, 2005, Christopher Radko", the 2nd set is unsigned except for the 50th castle ornament which says the same thing as the 1st one.

I did not originally order a Disneyland map, as I was not that impressed with it in the brochure. As soon as I saw it, I changed my mind and rushed over to the event store to buy it, and am I glad I did!!

(3) I won the "shark fighting the octopus" from the Submarine Attraction, and after the auction I was in the winning bidders lounge and I was told by another event attendee that my auction lot included the "fighting lobsters" from the same attraction. MAJOR HIGHLIGHT!!

(4)I got to meet Harriet Burns and Blaine Gibson after the Panel Discussion on Saturday morning(July 16).

(5) Missed the "lunch in the garden" so I could attend a pre-scheduled 50th tour. The tour was fun. We got to "backdoor" several attractions including Splash Mountain which broke down after the splashdown. The upside was we got to take a picture with Brer Rabbit as we were being led out via backstage.

Because of the breakdown we had to hustle for our parade seating, but it was worth it. What an incredible parade. The tour is definitely worth it, and the gifts are cool too!
                  (6) Back at the Disneyland Hotel I purchased a Monorail Game for one reason... to ask Bob Gurr one question. I went upstairs and the place was almost empty. I approached Mr. Gurr who was sitting down behind a table. I got down on one knee and said to him, " I bought this boardgame for one reason, I need to ask you a question." He's looking at me with great expectation, and I say," Are you going to write an autobiography?" To which he replied," I already have, theres only 2 chapters left to write." I was ecstatic. Bob Gurr has more information about Disneylands beginning then just about anybody left, so I was very excited to hear that he was writing an autobiography. He said it will probably be released in fall 2006.
                  (7) Later that evening, the Orange Grove Party was amazing. We sat near the stage and I got lots of great video and pics from the awesome stage show that Disney put on.
                  (8) After the Orange Grove Party was over we went to the Disney Gallery to watch Fantasmic! from the balcony with the dessert buffet. Yummy desserts and the seeing the show from that vantage point is incredible.
                  (9) The breakfast in New Orleans Square(July 17) was great. No filet mignon, but still a very respectable breakfast. Just being in the Park at 6am with no one else around was very cool.
                  (10) Scored more swag at the festival arena, more than I need!! :thumbup:
                  (11) I saw Jay Rasulo (President of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts) walking thru Fantasyland after the 10am rededication ceremony and introduced myself. I thanked him for all of the work that was done getting Disneyland ready for the 50th. I think he was suprised that someone recognized him. I guess that makes me a Disney geek. Oh well, I wanted him to know that someone cared...
                  (12) Ate lots of cupcakes and had a great time.

All in all, my wife and I had a wonderful, magical time for Disneylands 50th. Thanks to everyone at Walt Disney Event Services for putting on such a great event. The event surpassed my wildest expectations, and the extra things that we did like the 50th tour and Fantasmic! were just icing on the (cup)cake.

P.S. Who was it that came up to me at the Festival Arena on Sunday morning and asked me if I got my jacket?? :monkey:
                  Charlie :wave:
                  MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X