This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bountiful Valley

While enjoying the holiday dinner last night I happened to read a bottle label and that made me think of the Bountiful Valley, which many have written off as a failure. The bottle is Martinelli's Sparking Cider, and here specifically is what it said

"Established in 1868, S. Martinelli & Company is a fourth generation family business in California's beautiful Pajaro Valley near Monerey Bay, where the cool coastal climate and the fertile soils produce some of the world's most flavorful apples. More then 50 gold medals for product excellence have been awarded to Martinelli's Gold Medal apple juice products, including Sparkling Cider, the non alcoholic version of our founder's original Champagne Cider."

website http://www.martinellis.com

THIS would have been the perfect company for the Bountiful Valley. They are a family owned CALIFORNIA business, based on Agriculture, considered best in the business, and hold a special place for most individual's childhood and holiday memories. I think a demonstration of the old apple presses would be fun, in the summer you could have a taste of cold apple juice, in the winter there's hot apple cider.

Just a thought.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: The Bountiful Valley

A brilliant idea.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

http://www.martinellis.com/AppleArt/

I was slightly disappointed because the actual bottle labels also had historical photographs and I had hoped to show those as well...

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, techskip. I love the vintage ads.

Comment

I'm sure this would have gotten mocked the way my beloved tortilla factory gets mocked.
          Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
          : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

It would have been throughly mocked. All the joke about the Disney Mint Julep would have been recycled about the 'champagne'.
            Originally posted by SummerInFL
            Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
            Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Yeah...it s a nice idea...there are many woulda/shoulda/coulda situations when it comes to that part of the resort.

Comment

I LOVEEE Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider

Comment

Martinelli's would have been a good fit, but now that BVF is just Bugsland I don't think they'd be into it.

Comment

Who mocks the tortilla factory? I'll murdalize 'em.
                    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Yeah, seriously. Until TOT, free tortillas were the best thing about DCA!

Comment

Originally posted by composerboy View Post
                        Yeah, seriously. Until TOT, free tortillas were the best thing about DCA!
                        The tortillas were great if you could make it through the whole tour to get them. I'm not sure how it would have worked out because it never was. I started this thread because I sat there at the Thanksgiving table and thought "Wow, what a lost opportunity". Then I flipped the bottle around, poured some cider, and ate some more turkey.

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X