Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some proposal help all!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need some proposal help all!

    Okay. I know this has been asked before, but my turn is coming up and I needed some advice! I'm looking to propose to my girlfriend at Disneyland on the 15 or 16 of December. I wanted to find a way to get our own elevator on Haunted Mansion since it's our favorite ride. I figured that when the lights go off after the hanging I'd drop to one knee and propose to her when the lights came back on. I don't know if this is do-able for Disneyland. I've emailed them about my plans and was also told I could talk to someone at City Hall. Any advice from you all would be great!
    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?








  • #2
    Re: Need some propsal help all!

    I remember hearing someone say they proposed in the Haunted Mansion, much in the same way you're planning, so I'm sure it's totally do-able. Maybe tell the CM what your plans are and they can help accomodate your wishes. Good luck!
    MCDADMCA

    ^clicky clicky^

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Need some propsal help all!

      thats sooo rad! I love the idea. But yes City Hall is really and turly the one you should get in contact with. good luck!

      NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
      MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Need some propsal help all!

        Check with the CM. Realize that this will be a lot easier to pull off when the crowds are light, and they still have extra CM's on hand so that you can have the second Stretching Room, like right before close. They can't give you the only running Stretching Room all to you and let the line back up to the river...

        Oh, and the whole "drop to one knee" thing - cliche. She can see what's coming next a mile away... Now if you aren't worried about it, that's fine, but if you really don't want to telegraph the question ahead of time...

        You could always get a HMH gift ahead of time, like perhaps a very special Jack Skellington doll, and let him hold the little flip-top box and present the ring to her...

        --<< Bruce >>--
        There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Need some propsal help all!

          I'd have to disagree, the dropping to one knee is wonderful and unexpected when everyone's looking up at the Jack on the cieling. Lights coming up and showing her soon to be fiance on his knee is just wonderful. (Or maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic and I love seeing men propose on one knee.)
          MCDADMCA

          ^clicky clicky^

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Need some propsal help all!

            Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
            I'd have to disagree, the dropping to one knee is wonderful and unexpected when everyone's looking up at the Jack on the cieling. Lights coming up and showing her soon to be fiance on his knee is just wonderful. (Or maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic and I love seeing men propose on one knee.)
            Then that makes two of us.

            I'd love it if he dropped to one knee!

            One-knee is the best way in my opinion! I don't like it in champagne, or in food (I'm afraid I'll eat it. :lol.
            Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Need some propsal help all!

              Feel free to talk with the Guest Relations folks in City Hall, they may be able to help you out with the Mansion, but the best thing to do would be to speak with the Mansion Butlers/Maids themselves. [Attractions CMs are always eager to make Magical Moments at their attraction, and will be flattered that you chose theirs!]

              Are you bringing any other people on your trip besides you and the lucky lady? You may want someone to be in on the festivities so they're able to pull her away for a soda or something so you can get a word in with the Cast without being obvious.

              The best shot for getting an elevator to yourself without spoiling the surprise by having to wait for no apparent reason would be to do it during one of the Fantasmic! showings. The Mansion is usually a walk-on at that time.

              Very best of luck to you! If you'd like anymore ...inside advice, feel free to PM me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Need some propsal help all!

                When you get a little older you'll realize it's more than just the 'dropping to one knee' thing, you have to keep in mind the 'getting back up afterwards' part...

                (Hopefully I find a reason to do this myself before I get too much older - I might need a crane to get back up...)

                (...But I REFUSE to grow up.)

                --<< Bruce >>--
                There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Need some propsal help all!

                  Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                  When you get a little older you'll realize it's more than just the 'dropping to one knee' thing, you have to keep in mind the 'getting back up afterwards' part...

                  (Hopefully I find a reason to do this myself before I get too much older - I might need a crane to get back up...)

                  (...But I REFUSE to grow up.)

                  --<< Bruce >>--
                  You'd be so ecstatic that those endorphins and adrenaline would kick in and you'd hop back up with no effort at all! )
                  MCDADMCA

                  ^clicky clicky^

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Need some propsal help all!

                    Awesome guys! Thanks for all the info! Her parents will be there too since they're annual passholders too so I should be able to use them to distract her.

                    And I like the idea of doing it during Fantasmic. Lighter crowds. So good! The hard part will be getting through the day now!

                    I'll contact City Hall and see if they're able to set it up with the mansion ahead of time.

                    Thanks again everyone!
                    Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it the four beers you had at DCA, hmmm?







                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Need some propsal help all!

                      oh what fun...I love weddings!
                      You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Need some propsal help all!

                        Originally posted by Jables View Post
                        Awesome guys! Thanks for all the info! Her parents will be there too since they're annual passholders too so I should be able to use them to distract her.

                        And I like the idea of doing it during Fantasmic. Lighter crowds. So good! The hard part will be getting through the day now!

                        I'll contact City Hall and see if they're able to set it up with the mansion ahead of time.

                        Thanks again everyone!
                        I'm excited for you!
                        Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Need some propsal help all!

                          Thanksgiving night, we witnessed a proposal in front of the castle during the fireworks towards the end of the show, it was very emotional, even for us that did not even know the couple.
                          Long live the "Happiest Place on Earth" the ORIGINAL, Disneyland.
                          Former Cast Member - Class of 89

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Need some propsal help all!

                            Originally posted by chadlingoc View Post
                            Thanksgiving night, we witnessed a proposal in front of the castle during the fireworks towards the end of the show, it was very emotional, even for us that did not even know the couple.
                            Have you seen the Full House episode where Danny proposes to that girl in the fireworks at Disney World?

                            Pretty intense stuff.

                            I wonder how much that would cost.
                            Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Need some propsal help all!

                              Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
                              Have you seen the Full House episode where Danny proposes to that girl in the fireworks at Disney World?

                              Pretty intense stuff.

                              I wonder how much that would cost.
                              No, I have not. It was really neat how he did the proposal, she was in complete shock. Brought tears to our eyes, which at least does not happen that often with me!
                              Long live the "Happiest Place on Earth" the ORIGINAL, Disneyland.
                              Former Cast Member - Class of 89

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X