Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

    You can pretty much guess...

  • #2
    Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

    I used to park in a carport, but now I have a garage.
    Oh you mean while visiting...I usually tried to park in Timon, but often ended up in Pinocchio.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

      In Mickey and Friends, I think
      -Todd, Ginarella's loving husband.

      The Greatest Rock Band EVER!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

        Originally posted by Lynn, Renaissance Woman View Post
        I used to park in a carport, but now I have a garage.
        Oh you mean while visiting...I usually tried to park in Timon, but often ended up in Pinocchio.
        Not before it was built, while it was being built.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

          Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
          Not before it was built, while it was being built.
          If memory serves......
          Timon and Pumba?

          Pumba = behind Pacific Palms - That area really felt like the boonies.... You would often wonder when the trams would show up.

          Timon = behind Tower of Terror -
          Was nice... got to see a BIG LONG GREEN FENCE, smell fresh dust and see the ugly staircase for the HYPERION Theatre go up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

            Pinocchio was open before Mickey and Friends

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

              Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
              You can pretty much guess...
              lol I actually have no idea!

              But I think the Timon and Pumbaa would be a good guess?
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...


              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

                In the Pinocchio lot. You'd go in through the main gate and be routed all the way around DCA and back out on the other side and across Disney Drive. For awhile it seemed like the entrance was different every single time. I remember trying to give directions and having to start with, "Well last time...never mind, just follow the signs!" :lol:
                A signature should go here.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

                  Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                  In the Pinocchio lot. You'd go in through the main gate and be routed all the way around DCA and back out on the other side and across Disney Drive. For awhile it seemed like the entrance was different every single time. I remember trying to give directions and having to start with, "Well last time...never mind, just follow the signs!" :lol:
                  WOW! That must of been really annoying. But yeah, Pinocchio, Timon, & Pumba makes sense. When did Mickey & Friends open?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

                    I parked in the valet at the DL hotel. My parking place of choice is always valet at the hotel.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

                      Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                      I parked in the valet at the DL hotel. My parking place of choice is always valet at the hotel.
                      No offense or anything, but Valet is the most pointless thing in the world.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

                        Before Downtown Disney opened, the Pinocchio surface lot stretched all the way from where the Mickey and Friends structure is now all the way to the Downtown Disney construction site. The street (Now Magic Way, Previously Cerritos Ave.) did not intersect the lot until after construction.

                        Pumbaa was hardly ever used in much the same way that it is used today - only for overflow.

                        Before the parking structure opened, Timon and Simba were the two primary parking lots. The Lion King Tram ran from Timon, across Disneyland Drive, to the Simba Lot - so Simba was used frequently when Timon filled up.

                        As guests got more accustomed to the parking structure, and fewer guests tried to enter from Harbor Blvd, the Simba lot was used less.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

                          Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                          No offense or anything, but Valet is the most pointless thing in the world.
                          no, it's the most convenient thing in the world. One time i stayed at the DL hotel and the person I was with didn't want to valet and we had the furthest parking spot. it's so much easier to just have them park the car and call for it when you're ready to go.

                          However, for the trip we're talking about I didn't have to pay for it. My company did. I was there for a convention, but it sure got me hooked on it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

                            Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                            no, it's the most convenient thing in the world. One time i stayed at the DL hotel and the person I was with didn't want to valet and we had the furthest parking spot. it's so much easier to just have them park the car and call for it when you're ready to go.

                            However, for the trip we're talking about I didn't have to pay for it. My company did. I was there for a convention, but it sure got me hooked on it.
                            Yeah, it's good if it's free!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Where Did guests park when DCA was being built?

                              Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                              Yeah, it's good if it's free!
                              yeah, I pay for it now. It's not that much and we love it.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X