This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Secrets, Stories & Magic DVD

On Dec. 11 a new Walt Disney Treasures DVD titled Disneyland Secrets, Stories & Magic will be released. It's a two disc set, here is official info from Disney:

This has the same title as the 50th Anniversary DVD that was never released, not sure if it contains the same stuff though.

Re: Disneyland Secrets, Stories & Magic DVD

This is the 50th Anniversary DVD that never got released. Since it can no longer be marketed for the 50th, it's been dropped in a shiny tin and will be sold as part of the Walt Disney Treasures series.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Its also gonna have a REPLICA TICKET BOOK inside the tin!!!

Source: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dis...ies-Magic/8500

Follow the link to see a (promotional?) pic of the tin and contents. Not linking the pic as I think thats a micechat no no?

Comment

GAHHHHH! I've already got mine ordered. It comes out the same day as POTC III. So....I just HAD to order both of them.

I can't wait! :yea:

Comment

Features include:
          • “Disneyland: Secrets, Stories and Magic”: A revealing new documentary which includes archival footage, commentary from Walt himself and new interviews
          • “People and Places: Disneyland U.S.A.”: Released just one year after the Disneyland opening, this is one of the park’s first cinematic tours presented in Cinemascope and Technicolor with a newly restored 5.1 audio track.
          • “The Golden Horseshoe Revue,” “Disneyland Goes To The Worlds Fair” and “Disneyland Around The Seasons”: three original “Disneyland TV” broadcasts
          • “Operation Disneyland”: a closed-circuit piece made for ABC TV affiliates that illustrates the gigantic challenge of the park’s 1955 opening day live broadcast This internal broadcast has never been seen by the public before.
          • ”Building Walt’s Dream: Disneyland Under Construction”: Also never-before-seen and showcasing color time-lapse footage of the construction of Disneyland. Features illuminating audio commentary from Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter.
          • “A Wonderful World of Disneyland” Trivia Game and Still Frame Gallery
          "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocat
            I miss David.
            Originally posted by Ginarella
            All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

I've already got mine ordered. It comes out the same day as POTC III
              don't the movies come out a week apart?
              sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, what you probably remember is this:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/disney...omecoming.html

(a review I did for the "Disneyland Resort: Happiest Homecoming on Earth Official Celebration Edition - Commemorative DVD" back in 2005). It was a promo piece, largely a travel planner, and not a very good one at that. It did have all the 50th bling on the package though...
                I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

It was never sold, no. I have had it on my wishlist on Amazon since announced for the 50th.
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                    GAHHHHH! I've already got mine ordered. It comes out the same day as POTC III. So....I just HAD to order both of them.

OK, where did you order it? I am not seeing it on Amazon???
                    thanks
                    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
                    --- Walt Disney

:yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

:thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
                    Nightmare Before Christmas

:captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladydragon55 View Post
                      OK, where did you order it? I am not seeing it on Amazon???
                      thanks
                      http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Tr...6175110&sr=1-1
                      That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post

POTC: III will be released on December 4th (next week), Disneyland: Secrets, Stories, and Magic will be released on December 11th
                        "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

I know what I want for Christmas!!!!!
                          Foolish Mortal
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping for this DVD for Christmas myself. I've been waiting for this one for a LONG time now. Since before the 50th.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                              I'm hoping for this DVD for Christmas myself. I've been waiting for this one for a LONG time now. Since before the 50th.
                              So have I! I'm really looking forward to this DVD, and I think it'll be the best one yet.

There are so many wonderful episodes of the WWoD, they could keep this series going on for a long time. I'd really like to see a holiday edition with Christmas episodes on it, and perhaps a remasterd version the old Haunted Mansion opening show. (The one with Kurt Russell and the Osmonds).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X