Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exiting the park the other night, via the backstage route, and I noticed...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exiting the park the other night, via the backstage route, and I noticed...

...that some of the backstage clutter was covered up with really beautiful pictures promoting the YOAMD and cast member support to keep providing great customer service.

Some of the pictures really caught my attention. For example there was one of a little girl trying on dresses and a cast member handing her the outfits for Snow White and Cinderella, etc., and the little girl was having a ball. Also there was one of a little girl dressed as Sleeping Beauty and walking down the stairs of the Disneyland Hotel and the bellhop bowing to her like she was royalty. They were so cute!

Anyone know what I'm talking about or better yet, do you have pictures?

Thanks!

Re: Exiting the park the other night, via the backstage route, and I noticed...

Originally posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
    ...that some of the backstage clutter was covered up with really beautiful pictures promoting the YOAMD and cast member support to keep providing great customer service.

Some of the pictures really caught my attention. For example there was one of a little girl trying on dresses and a cast member handing her the outfits for Snow White and Cinderella, etc., and the little girl was having a ball. Also there was one of a little girl dressed as Sleeping Beauty and walking down the stairs of the Disneyland Hotel and the bellhop bowing to her like she was royalty. They were so cute!

Anyone know what I'm talking about or better yet, do you have pictures?

Thanks!
    I know exactly what you're talking about.

From Backstage it seems like YOAMD is more of a stunt to try to boost CM morale and prevent turnover rather than marketing for Guest visits.

I guess any attempt is better than having to pay competitive wages.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

Well, the first post seemed somewhat heartwarming... that didn't last long.

Comment

Actually I heard the contrary, this area might be the only back stage area decorated. i.e. really for the guests that walk back stage during a busy night.
        flickr

[PhotoWalk] - 02/02 - This and That & FIREWORKS
        [PhotoWalk] - 11/6 - DTD, DCA and DL - GRR & XMAS Decorations
        [PhotoWalk] - 11/2 & 11/3 - DL - NOS, ToonTown and some here and there...
        [PhotoWalk] - 10/7 - DCA and DL - More Night Photography
        [PhotoWalk] - 9/16 - DCA - Details, Signs, and Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
          agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Mouseketeer View Post
            i.e. really for the guests that walk back stage during a busy night.
            Yep... not really for CM's, it's just to keep the backstage area looking better for guests having to exit.

They've done it before with different pics or just plain walls covering break areas and different storage areas.
            -Wes

Comment

Originally posted by Mouseketeer View Post
              Actually I heard the contrary, this area might be the only back stage area decorated. i.e. really for the guests that walk back stage during a busy night.
              This is pretty accurate. There are some signs & pics around the gates, but the alley behind Main Street way decked out!

Originally posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
              Anyone know what I'm talking about or better yet, do you have pictures? Thanks!
              You mean these?

Comment

Originally posted by Sadako View Post
                I know exactly what you're talking about.

From Backstage it seems like YOAMD is more of a stunt to try to boost CM morale and prevent turnover rather than marketing for Guest visits.

So cynical.

So Soon.

So Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by fantoongal View Post

Wow. Those are gorgeous. :gladsad:

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                    So cynical.

So Soon.

So Sad.
                    I'm a Realist. There's a difference.

Although I didn't see a picture of my favorite one. The huge one near the parade exit showing a Custodial CM polishing the Partners statue that says "Where everyone is the caretaker of a dream."

I've also seen them around as a marketing attempt to attract new DLR applicants. I remember seeing them plastered all over the Job Fair ads and other online ads for the DLR Jobline.
                    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

Hey, they are getting there. Not to fast, but they are getting there. Last year at this time, Disneyland.jobs listed starting pay at $8.05 (or something like that) an hour. The minimum is now $9.05/hr. Still $0.45/hr behind places like In & Out's starting wage, but they are getting better. But then In & Out can't put a finger to the huge amounts of extra little things CMs get...

And, now on the topic. I think that it is nice that Disneyland has even bothered to do that backstage. I know I was rather surprised back a few years ago on July 4th when my family and I all got routed backstage at the Magic Kingdom at WDW to get IN to the park. That was fun.

Comment

I'm a Realist. There's a difference.

Although I didn't see a picture of my favorite one. The huge one near the parade exit showing a Custodial CM polishing the Partners statue that says "Where everyone is the caretaker of a dream."

I've also seen them around as a marketing attempt to attract new DLR applicants. I remember seeing them plastered all over the Job Fair ads and other online ads for the DLR Jobline.
                        They're not mutually exclusive attitudes.

Besides, you don't expect them too tell the truth in those ads:

"Work hard and long for low wages if you can get the work at all"

That'd draw them in droves ...

I just think that a cynical CM attitude ought to come after a decent interval of experience and be really earned. If you get too far ahead of the program where do you go from there ? So far there's no "Going Disney" syndrome to graduate to.

Comment

You can thank Grumpy4 for taking the pics but theres one of the Partners statue just scroll a bit.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=10
                          "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
                            Yep...I noticed that too.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                              Besides, you don't expect them too tell the truth in those ads:

"Work hard and long for low wages if you can get the work at all"

That'd draw them in droves ...
                              They don't have to use the cheesy WhereSpeak ads to "draw them in droves."

Competitive pay and proper treatment for employees would be adequate enough. No need to waste money on all of these fluffy, "heart-warming" backstage morale boosting posters. Heaven knows it ain't workin' anyway.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X