This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co$t to run the park

How much money does Disney spend on running the park each day? My friends and I are talking about it right now and i totally gotta find out!

Thanks Micechatters!

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
    For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Re: Co$t to run the park

Originally posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    How much money does Disney spend on running the park each day? My friends and I are talking about it right now and i totally gotta find out!

Thanks Micechatters!
    If you have to ask you can't afford it

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
      If you have to ask you can't afford it
      Oh...I'm Aaron....I can almost do anything. Including, duplicate Disneyland in its entirety...but i need to know the numbers

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
      For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

$451.78 per day.
        St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Well this is really basic math and not even close to an actual figure but..

In 2006 it cost Disney 8.3 billion dollars to run the Parks and Resorts division (source: Disney Annual Report).

According to Amusement Business, the 6 US Disney Parks saw attendance at 44.9 million guests.

That works out to about $184 dollars per guest/per visit. For an average day at Disneyland that comes to about 7.4 million dollars to run the park.

That's just an average - and that's dependent on if you believe Amusement Business' numbers.

Comment

And that doesn't account for the higher priced weekends for entertainment with longer operating hours with the cheaper weekdays during most of the year in offseason but nice approximating there.

Comment

Also don't forget to add in capital expenses and depreciation costs, taxes, special charges against earnings, interest costs and so forth. The number is getting larger.
              Originally posted by SummerInFL
              Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
              Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Less than they bring in everyday.

Comment

More than collecting pop cans from the side of the road.
                  Originally posted by SummerInFL
                  Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                  Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

All I know is that working in finance and accounting at DLand would be pure HeL! - can you imagine working on financials? Stock reports? Payroll? Figuring costs of accounts, depreciation, amortization - you name it - I worked in Accounting for about 5 years, and doing year ends and taxes every 3 months would lead you to drink....heavily.....just imagining it all makes me anxious
                    Spell Binding Books
                    http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
                    The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
                    We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
                    Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
                    Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

Hey - I wanna approximate too! Here's an equation

[(Me @ $9.50/hour x 8 hours) x 22,000 of me] + (60,000 cheeseburgers x $6/cheeseburger) + ($3/cotton candy x 60,000 cotton candies) + 1 box of blanks for the WFJC = ?

(this was just a joke when I started typing it, but know I'd really like to come up with a more complete joke-equation. Feel free to add to what I started!)
                      "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Trac View Post
                        All I know is that working in finance and accounting at DLand would be pure HeL! - can you imagine working on financials? Stock reports? Payroll? Figuring costs of accounts, depreciation, amortization - you name it - I worked in Accounting for about 5 years, and doing year ends and taxes every 3 months would lead you to drink....heavily.....just imagining it all makes me anxious
                        I'd love this job.
                        In order to do proper analysis on depreciations and amortizations and how often to paint things, one must check the attractions and the property very often...

Comment

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
                          Well this is really basic math and not even close to an actual figure but..

In 2006 it cost Disney 8.3 billion dollars to run the Parks and Resorts division (source: Disney Annual Report).

According to Amusement Business, the 6 US Disney Parks saw attendance at 44.9 million guests.

That works out to about $184 dollars per guest/per visit. For an average day at Disneyland that comes to about 7.4 million dollars to run the park.

That's just an average - and that's dependent on if you believe Amusement Business' numbers.
                          Costs include hotels, which not every Disney guest uses, especially for DL.
                          I'll guess closer to $5 million for DL on average, $2 million for DCA.

Comment

I needs to know, so's I can write the check.

Use how much they charge for a party, to check your figures.
                            Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                            How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
                            Originally posted by steamboatpete
                            Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X