This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small world going down for how long?

I talked my sister in law into coming with me for a visit next September 17-20. Next Halloweentime before my AP expires. She has not been to DL since 1966! She wants to see EVERYTHING. Will small world be back up by then? Honestly I can't remember is they run Fantasmic on Fridays or not. If they start Halloween the same time next year as they did this year, HM Holiday should be up that week, but I can't remember if Fantasmic will be running then or not. I think it was down mid sept this year for some reason but I can't remember why? Pirates Lair??? Will Fantasmic be running then??

any info
    thanks
    jan
    Janette

Re: Small world going down for how long?

I believe that small world will be down until Nov., and even then, comes back as small world Holiday.

As far as F! goes, I thought it was every (or almost) Friday, Sat, and Sun (and weeknights during the summer).

Comment

What I hear was 10 months Iasw be down
      AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
      Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
      Older photo
      New Photo

Member of
      MiceChat WDW Trip
      Next trip
      2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Ten months sounds about right, I think. Total replacement of the flume (and boats?), as well as some updates to improve the overall "show." Wonder if we'll still be basking in the glory of the visible ceiling tiles?

(By the way, if you click the bottommost link in my sig, you'll find that there's one version of IASW that's still open 24/7. )

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
          Wonder if we'll still be basking in the glory of the visible ceiling tiles?
          Oh man, I thought I was the only one who sat there and noticed those tiles...let's hope they do *something* about that!

Comment

Oh man, I thought I was the only one who sat there and noticed those tiles...let's hope they do *something* about that!
            No no, and I'm sure there are others. Of course, however, I'm the kind of guy who'll descend into the HM graveyard scene and look out the right side of the Doombuggy, looking for the doors that lead to the outside backstage, instead of looking left and ahead at the caretaker.

Comment

The CURRENT schedule has "iasw" returning as the Holiday version in mid November of 2008, after closing on January 22nd.

Of course, issues found during the refurb might delay the re-opening. Nobody knows the actual return date until a couple of months prior to re-opening.
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                Ten months sounds about right, I think. Total replacement of the flume (and boats?), as well as some updates to improve the overall "show." Wonder if we'll still be basking in the glory of the visible ceiling tiles?

(By the way, if you click the bottommost link in my sig, you'll find that there's one version of IASW that's still open 24/7. )
                Haha I love seeing the tiles and speakers out in the open for some strange reaon.
                If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Comment

Haha I love seeing the tiles and speakers out in the open for some strange reaon.
                  For IASW, I don't mind it. For things like HM and POTC, which obviously have much more immersive goals, I think seeing such things is terrible show, though it still fascinates me.

Here's the big question, though--as a cast member, what do you do if you look up and see a lost balloon floating against the "sky" of the Blue Bayou? Kind of a lose-lose situation in terms of show, I think. Which is worse--to draw attention to the problem by trying to get it down, or to continue allowing it to disrupt the illusion for the entire operating day?

Comment

You don't let the balloon get into the Bayou in the first place.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X