This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any pictures of old victorian piers?

I'm working on a project right now and it's about a new thing for paradise pier. But if anyone could send me pictures of victorian architecture and pier stuff. It would help me out SO much if I got a few pictures to copy and paste into it or just use it as inspiration... anything will help

Re: any pictures of old victorian piers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

Maybe this will help...
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Comment

Comment

You could always do a Google image search for "victorian piers," or "victorian style architecture," or something like that.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Here is a picture of the Balboa Pavillion in Newport Beach, CA in 1905

By commanderryalis at 2008-01-04

The Photo is taken from the official Balboa pavillion site.

www.balboapavilion.com
          Last edited by J Thaddeus Toad Esq; 01-04-2008, 11:40 PM. Reason: Added link to official site
          Other places you can find me:

Digg
          Steam

Comment

This was Saltair, it was on the south shore of the Great Salt Lake. Built in 1893 the first one (first and third pics) burned down in 1925. it was rebuilt in the same year (second pic) but was abandoned in the late 50's and finally burned down in 1970. It was again re-built in 1981 only to be flooded for most of the 80's, it was then re-opened again in 1993 and has stayed in operation as a concert venue since.

Comment

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ruz-73518.html

Started it a while back... has some good links and photos in it, no sense reposting what is already there.
              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by J. Thaddeus Toad View Post
                Here is a picture of the Balboa Pavillion in Newport Beach, CA in 1905

By commanderryalis at 2008-01-04

The Photo is taken from the official Balboa pavillion site.

www.balboapavilion.com
                The Balboa pavilion is still there and only 20 to 25 minutes away from Disneyland so if you want to see it in person it wouldn't be that difficult. It is not a pier exactly but it is located near the boardwalk on the Balboa Peninsula. It is also near the Balboa Pier and Newport Piers which do date to the early 1900s. Surprisingly neither of these piers are not really that ornate. If you are hungry the original Ruby's Diner is at the end of the Balboa pier.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                  The Balboa pavilion is still there and only 20 to 25 minutes away from Disneyland so if you want to see it in person it wouldn't be that difficult. It is not a pier exactly but it is located near the boardwalk on the Balboa Peninsula. It is also near the Balboa Pier and Newport Piers which do date to the early 1900s. Surprisingly neither of these piers are not really that ornate. If you are hungry the original Ruby's Diner is at the end of the Balboa pier.
                  mmmmmmmmmmmm....Ruby's....
                  "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                    It still looks a heck of alot better than Paradise Pier (not including Midway mania)

Comment

Midway Mania does mimic some of these buildings. Where did they get the idea of cheap stucco and vinyl signs in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                        Midway Mania does mimic some of these buildings. Where did they get the idea of cheap stucco and vinyl signs in the first place?
                        uh, being cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                          You could always do a Google image search for "victorian piers," or "victorian style architecture," or something like that.
                          I already tried that, all I got was a bunch of pictures of victorian style houses. plus I've seen some pictures on MC and figured that there would be some people with pictures like these already in their photobucket albums or flikr(sp)- thanks for the suggestion though

Comment

thanks everybody, this will realy help, hope none of you had to do painfull searches to find this stuff, regardless thank you! i'll mention you guy's in the thread if I finish my project

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X