Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castle Walk Through

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Castle Walk Through

    Has anyone heard any news on the Castle walk through that they had said at one time might open in 2008? I would sure love to see it on our trip in November. That should give them plenty of time but I have not heard any mention lately as to whether they have even begun or just ditched the project.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15



    Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

  • #2
    Re: Castle Walk Through

    I believe WDI is still planning on/hoping to reopen the walkthrough.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Castle Walk Through

      Not about the walk-through which would seem still a treasured memory but about the renovation of the Plaza Pavilion as Gallery space. I've been told by two different CMs, one in TDA, that plans are under way for a 50th Anniversary celebration for 'Sleeping Beauty'. It would supposedly be a grander-scale version of the 'Snow White' exhibit currently in DCA's Animation building. This could provide a showcase for the walk-through displays, original artwork, etc. without having to tear into the castle and tackle modern legal and security hurdles.

      BTW - The film was released in January of 1959.
      Last edited by ALIASd; 01-08-2008, 11:51 AM. Reason: sp
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Castle Walk Through

        ORDDU: If Tony Baxter has HIS way, there will be a return of the Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-thru. But no dates have been given, yet.

        ORGOCH: Guess that means we can all look forward ta big ol' Orwen gittin' her big, fat self stuck up inside the thing agin!! Cain't even begin ta count all them times we had ta grease Miss Blubber Butt down in order ta push her on through the rest a the halls an' on out the back door!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Castle Walk Through

          Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
          Not about the walk-through which would seem still a treasured memory but about the renovation of the Plaza Pavilion as Gallery space. I've been told by two different CMs, one in TDA, that plans are under way for a 50th Anniversary celebration for 'Sleeping Beauty'.
          Oh and that would make sense since the Plaza is under the refurb list for the better part of this year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Castle Walk Through

            Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
            Not about the walk-through which would seem still a treasured memory but about the renovation of the Plaza Pavilion as Gallery space. I've been told by two different CMs, one in TDA, that plans are under way for a 50th Anniversary celebration for 'Sleeping Beauty'.
            Seems to me like that would also be a good time to reopen the walk through.
            Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15



            Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
            Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
            http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
            November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Castle Walk Through

              Aha! I knew they were going to plan something for the anniversary!

              I so can't wait. Sleeping Beauty is one of my favorites, and if the Snow White anniversary is any indication, a year from now we should be seeing something quite extraordinary. Happy birthday to me!

              I really hope that they fix up the walkthrough in the castle, though. Perfect marketing ploy...




              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Castle Walk Through

                This was one of my favorite attractions. I really hope it will be opening sometime again in the future. I want to take my daughter through it =since Aurora is her favorite and all!

                A little piece of heaven

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Castle Walk Through

                  Originally posted by mariezp View Post
                  Has anyone heard any news on the Castle walk through that they had said at one time might open in 2008?
                  That information came from here:
                  Aurora returns to her Castle
                  http://miceage.com/allutz/al071707d.htm
                  "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Castle Walk Through

                    The snow white exibit is only there till april and i've heard rumor that the next display will be Sleeping Beauty.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Castle Walk Through

                      I'm not fond of having the Snow White Display in the Animation Lobby.
                      This is exactly the type of display that Should be in the Disney Gallery,
                      instead of that @*$& Suite! The Animation Lobby with the loop of
                      various animated feature and low level lighting is spectacular, and
                      aside from adding some new songs from new animated features, it
                      should remain that way. With all of the animation stills gradually changing,
                      and some featuring clips from various animated features, add the special
                      lighting on the carpet that is stylized for each individual song and you
                      have a lobby that is a marvel. What this lobby needs is MORE seating,
                      not less. In a way, it's like the old circlevision, just not a continuous screen.

                      With the Snow White Display, the lighting is turned way up so you can see
                      the displays. With the maze of a display hitting you front and center, it
                      just makes for a much less comfortable building overall. It's nice to have
                      the central lobby area open, to transition from one experience in the
                      animation building to another. Even the whole effect of video panels
                      surrounding you in the lobby is lost with the Snow White exhibit in the middle.

                      PLEASE, NO MORE exhibits in the middle of the Lobby!
                      And Bring back some seating!!!

                      Oh, back on topic: PLEASE bring back the walk through, and
                      add some fun Special effects!!!
                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Castle Walk Through

                        Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                        I'm not fond of having the Snow White Display in the Animation Lobby.
                        This is exactly the type of display that Should be in the Disney Gallery,
                        instead of that @*$& Suite! The Animation Lobby with the loop of
                        various animated feature and low level lighting is spectacular, and
                        aside from adding some new songs from new animated features, it
                        should remain that way. With all of the animation stills gradually changing,
                        and some featuring clips from various animated features, add the special
                        lighting on the carpet that is stylized for each individual song and you
                        have a lobby that is a marvel. What this lobby needs is MORE seating,
                        not less. In a way, it's like the old circlevision, just not a continuous screen.

                        With the Snow White Display, the lighting is turned way up so you can see
                        the displays. With the maze of a display hitting you front and center, it
                        just makes for a much less comfortable building overall. It's nice to have
                        the central lobby area open, to transition from one experience in the
                        animation building to another. Even the whole effect of video panels
                        surrounding you in the lobby is lost with the Snow White exhibit in the middle.

                        PLEASE, NO MORE exhibits in the middle of the Lobby!
                        And Bring back some seating!!!

                        Oh, back on topic: PLEASE bring back the walk through, and
                        add some fun Special effects!!!
                        We love the exhibit because it the opposite of everything you just mentioned, no more strollers or food in the building and we're not a place to lounge or sit anymore.The building was so dirty before the display came, it's a tad boring at times when nobody wants to talk about the artwork but every so often you get a enthusiastic guest who has some cool story to tell and that makes up for it.

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X