This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining the gates?

Do you think they will ever combine the gates, meaning they move the turnstiles to where the so-called security checks are and switch the prices to the higher park-hopper prices? I could see them doing that and then turning the plaza into a huge shopping area in an effort to sell more generic disney park cheap-to-make-expensive-to-buy junk.

Thoughts?

Re: Combining the gates?

No, because by having 2 gates they have alternatives, and they can sell more individual tickets then a combined ticket. Also you have the logistical problem of room... due to the tram stops and DTD... where would you put the opening crowds?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

After DCA gets its makeover, it should be capable of standing on its own two feet. I don't necessarily like the idea of combining the parks, and I don't think it would ever happen.

They're already doing this, in a way, by offering Park Hopper tickets. Physically moving the turnstiles just wouldn't work.

Comment

There's no need to do this. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by awaflyboy View Post
          Do you think they will ever combine the gates, meaning they move the turnstiles to where the so-called security checks are and switch the prices to the higher park-hopper prices?
          No - simply because the ideal is to sell the concept of multiple parks.. multiple destinations.. and maintain the ability to upsell your customers to higher priced products while being able to advertise the top-line as a cheaper product.

Simple business

Comment

All you have to do is look at Disney's business model in Florida. Have they ever combined gates? No, they build more. They want to extend CA in the same way. They will not combine the gates, they will eventually try for a 3rd and even 4th gate.

Comment

Doesn't make much sense to combine gates... the logistics just wouldn't work. Crowds lining up for one gate.... and how would DTD trams/people get in? what about the people that come from the hotels across harbor? I like the fact that there are two gates... feels like you're getting more for your money.
              <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Combining the gates would only take away crowd control options. It would also increase costs because DCA would have to be staffed for a ful schedule.
                Originally posted by SummerInFL
                Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

There's also no space to do this. Where would you put the ticket booths, kennel, Guest Relations Window, and Guest Services Window? All of these things would have to be outside the park turnstiles.

Comment

Well at first when dca was built and then I realise the seperate admissions to the park. I thought why not combine it together as full price. But I don't know if it will work today.

Comment

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
                      Well at first when dca was built and then I realise the seperate admissions to the park. I thought why not combine it together as full price. But I don't know if it will work today.
                      That's a park hopper. Is is slightly cheaper than just adding one ticket price to the other as an incentive for people to buy them.

Comment

I agree, no way that will ever happen.
                        Somewhere in fontainbleau
                        Lies my secret garden

Comment

From a traditionalist viewpoint: you enter Disneyland by walking north through turnstiles, not east.

Comment

No, because DCA provides a great relief valvue when Disneyland feels up.
                            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
                              No, because DCA provides a great relief valvue when Disneyland feels up.
                              I love Disneyland so much, I'd feel it up too!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X