Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I miss the Country Bears!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I miss the Country Bears!!!

    So today, once again, I listened to the original Country Bear Jamboree. I know that many people were not particularly big fans of the Bears, but I love them and miss them terribly! There was something so cozy about Bear/Critter Country when they had their little nook in the forest. I never got tired of the show and I never get tired of listening to it now! (I hate with a passion the Vacation Hoedown by the way.) I don't hate the Pooh ride. But if I had my choice, I would choose the Country Bears in a minute.

    Okay, I just had to get that off my chest. Now I feel better.

    Oh...no I don't! I want my Country Bears!

    P.S. - I heart Wendell.
    Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

  • #2
    Re: I miss the Country Bears!!!

    Agreed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I miss the Country Bears!!!

      It should find it's way over to DCA with the other good attractions that have been replaced.
      sigpic

      This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I miss the Country Bears!!!

        I loved the Country Bears, too!

        My favorite was the Christmas show,
        then next the original show,
        The vacation hoedown came in 3rd,for me.

        and Pooh ranks, . . . . . .

        well, it's just another one of those
        UGLY harriss, pressler, eisner debacles.
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I miss the Country Bears!!!

          Back when I was a CP at WDW in the fall of 2001, there was a rumor going around about the coutry bears. The rumor was that the WDW version would be closing and moving to DCA, and that the DLR version would move to WDW. It obviously never came to pass.

          But did they close the WDW version? I thought they did and thats why the rumor was going around, but I can' remeber now and I haven't back sinceI left.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I miss the Country Bears!!!

            I miss them too. I actually prefered the Vacation show to the original, and the Christmas show was extra special.
            "George Bush... is only for now."
            Avenue Q

            Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I miss the Country Bears!!!

              Originally posted by HUH?
              Back when I was a CP at WDW in the fall of 2001, there was a rumor going around about the coutry bears. The rumor was that the WDW version would be closing and moving to DCA, and that the DLR version would move to WDW. It obviously never came to pass.

              But did they close the WDW version? I thought they did and thats why the rumor was going around, but I can' remeber now and I haven't back sinceI left.
              Nope...the WDW bears are still going strong with the ORIGINAL show.

              Harriss had the option of keeping one theater of bears and adding on the Pooh ride, you know. . .

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I miss the Country Bears!!!

                Originally posted by Druggas
                It should find it's way over to DCA with the other good attractions that have been replaced.
                Yea thats a good idea it would fit perfectly with grizly river run.
                :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I miss the Country Bears!!!

                  You know, Dl was packed today and still nobody at all was in line for Winnie-the-Pooh. I checked it out again - and they really have to do something to improve the show elements.

                  In the meantime, why not have some of the Bear Band performing at Hungry Bear - - that would be so fun!

                  Or bring em back to DCA...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I miss the Country Bears!!!

                    They could replace all the Pooh show elements they want. It would still be a slow, short, dark ride about a plush toy retrofitted into a building not really designed for a dark ride. A complete gutting and re-theme might bring it up to the level of a fantasyland dark ride, but it'd still be in the wrong location.

                    I sort of miss the Country Bears too. It was slightly dated technically and I hate country music, but it was still an amazingly detailed and well designed show which I never missed on my full day visits to the park.

                    I think the original show was my favorite, followed by the christmas show. I never thought the vacation show worked as well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I miss the Country Bears!!!

                      It's very likely that I'm wrong about this, but I remember eating at Hungry Bear several years ago and seeing walls up all around the land (or so it seemed), and a sign advertising a new Country Bears Jamboree based on the truly abysmal Country Bears movie. (Anyone remember that movie? Yeah, didn't think so.) The next time I ventured into Critter Country (my mom hated getting wet and wasn't big on shows, so there wasn't much reason for us to go over there), Pooh was in soft openings. Does anyone else remember something like this?

                      Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

                      "It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh I miss them too! I never got to see the original show there, but if it is the same as the one at WDW then I have seen it. Although I grew up on the Vacation show so that is the one that is near and dear to my heart. It sad because when I think about it long enough it makes me cry because it's gone. Last July when I was at the studios in Burbank I almost screamed in excitement when I saw the baby cub at the archives!! He is so cute!

                        Originally posted by merlinjones
                        You know, Dl was packed today and still nobody at all was in line for Winnie-the-Pooh. I checked it out again - and they really have to do something to improve the show elements.
                        Yeah, that is what is crazy about that thing. Although when I was there around the 50th the line got to be about 10 minutes long.. or at least longer that I have seen it. So for fun, we asked the CM where the Fast Pass was. We actually did this twice and got a, "huh?" in response both times.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I miss the Country Bears!!!

                          They should've made the Pooh ride like the Tokyo one...and put it somewhere else.

                          Seriously, I miss the Country Bears, I didn't go into the show often, and I never had the pleasure of seeing the original show, but I definitely do miss it, especially when I go on that guest-forsaken Pooh ride and see Max, Buff and Melvin hanging there silently behind the exit from the heffalump scene. And plus, contributing to that...now, don't get me wrong here, I love Tigger and all, but i'm just a -little- tired of the over abundance of Pooh stuff in Critter Country. ^^;

                          ...okay, so maybe a bit more than just a little tired. :lol:



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu
                            They should've made the Pooh ride like the Tokyo one...and put it somewhere else.

                            Seriously, I miss the Country Bears, I didn't go into the show often, and I never had the pleasure of seeing the original show, but I definitely do miss it, especially when I go on that guest-forsaken Pooh ride and see Max, Buff and Melvin hanging there silently behind the exit from the heffalump scene. And plus, contributing to that...now, don't get me wrong here, I love Tigger and all, but i'm just a -little- tired of the over abundance of Pooh stuff in Critter Country. ^^;

                            ...okay, so maybe a bit more than just a little tired. :lol:
                            Oh I'm with you on that. And has anyone noticed at the end of the attraction it's Pooh's birthday so all of his friends are giving him birthday presents. But Piglet (his best friend remember) doesn't give him a present! :blink: That's just... odd.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I miss the Country Bears!!!

                              Originally posted by BigPigletFan
                              Oh I'm with you on that. And has anyone noticed at the end of the attraction it's Pooh's birthday so all of his friends are giving him birthday presents. But Piglet (his best friend remember) doesn't give him a present! :blink: That's just... odd.
                              Are you sure it's a birthday party? In the movie, it is a Hero party not a birthday party for both Pooh and Piglet.

                              But on topic....

                              When I go to WDW, the one must see ride for me at the magic kingdom is the country bear jamboree. I'm glad that I can at least still see the show there.
                              VISIT my sketchblog: M54

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X