This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another year of dreams?

As I sat in the Lily Belle and listened to the spiel about the history of the train car we had some time to ask questions and BS with the cast members. Apparently Disney is going for a third year for their Year of a Million Dreams event. This time it'll run from Jan. 1st til Dec. 31st I believe and still have the dream suite as a prize.

What are your thoughts on this? Another year? Whoopie?

Re: Another year of dreams?

Ugh, it's going to end up being the decade of ten million dreams....

Comment

There is no way in this logical Earth that this can happen...

I really hope that this is just a case of an ill-informed cast member because I really don't think that any of the paying public is going to fall for it.
      You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

Comment

The YOAMD, along with the whole "Disney Parks"/globalization fiasco, need to just die and go away.:verymad:

Comment

Al Lutz's last article said that next years promotion was going to be called, "Magical Celebrations" and would be using the suite and many of the YOAMD promotions, but also focus on celebrating special occasions at the parks. Al is usually very reliable so I would tend to believe this is more accurate than a random cast member.
          The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
          -Walt Disney

Comment

I also have hear the same thing as Uncle Bob said that next ear it was going to be call Magical Celebrations.

Comment

have any of you gotten to tour the dream suite? i've only seen pictures...
              meggin weaver
              www.dreamcmo.com/meggin

Comment

I'm with Uncle Bob...Al's prettttttttttttty darn spot on the year I've been reading.
                Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

A picture speaks 1,000 words.

Comment

Do they still offer the Mickey suite too? or just the dreams suite?

Frankly, I don't care either way about the dreams - if Disney still wants to give stuff away, fine by me!
                    sigpic
                    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

ugh, i was mad enough when i herd it was going for a second year, but if it makes Disney money there gonna keep doing it
                      sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

oh god no.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                          Al Lutz's last article said that next years promotion was going to be called, "Magical Celebrations" and would be using the suite and many of the YOAMD promotions, but also focus on celebrating special occasions at the parks. Al is usually very reliable so I would tend to believe this is more accurate than a random cast member.
                          Ah, thank you for informing me. She could have had them confused with how similar they seem they might be.

So "Magical Celebrations", will we have floats for every holiday or what?

Comment

i'm definitely tired with this YOMD theme ....
                            “Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.”

Comment

Year of a Million Dreams will end on Jan 1, 2009. You should start hearing more about Magical Celebrations this October. And no, the Suite will not be offered after Million Dream ends.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X