• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Disneyland Daddy
    ...is fading out....
    • Jul 2006

Thank You Walt Disney!

I have been reading everything going in in the debate lounge. A lot of 'heated' conversation - and rightly so. We have a lot to deal with as Americans. So much is going on in our nation and abroad - that it gets 'heated' in discussion.

Think of all that we deal with? Presidents, Presidential Campaigns, Governors and Prostitutes, Economy going in the toilet, Forclosure of homes, Lack of Employement, Gas Prices, social issues.......WAR.

So, that all said - I am not putting in there for debate, but thanking Walt Disney - for creating Disneyland and giving us a 'safe haven' to escape the troubles of our day, and enjoying life in 'The Happiest Place on Earth'.

Thanks all. Have a good day, and get yourself to Disneyland/WDW or another other Disney place soon! You'll be happy you did - enjoy the 'escape'

And...thank you Mr. Disney
  • fo'c's'le swab
    Blind to His Own Faults
    • Dec 2006

Re: Thank You Walt Disney!

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

Think of all that we deal with? Presidents, Presidential Campaigns, Governors and Prostitutes, Economy going in the toilet, Forclosure of homes, Lack of Employement, Gas Prices, social issues.......WAR.
    My positions on such weighty matters are as follows (in order of above appearance): no, no, no, yes, no, no, no, no no, and sometimes.

And...thank you Mr. Disney
    Sounds good.
    Last edited by fo'c's'le swab; 03-20-2008, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• BDBopper
      Colorful
      • Apr 2005

Thank you Uncle Walt!
      Originally posted by aashee
      We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
        MiceChatter
        • Feb 2005

Honestly, given as much money as I've "wasted" on Disney over the years, I'm gonna say ... screw you Mr. Disney.

Nice avatar fo'c's'le swab

Comment

• Datameister
          =)
          • Aug 2005

Agreed. Thank you, Walt. :blush:

Comment

• I Heart Disneyland
            Banned User
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
            Honestly, given as much money as I've "wasted" on Disney over the years, I'm gonna say ... screw you Mr. Disney.

Nice avatar fo'c's'le swab
            :lol:

Thanks Walt! I've enjoyed your parks since 1967!

Comment

• merlinjones
              Minion
              • Jan 2005

What a nice thought, Disneyland Daddy.

I agree that Walt's optimism was the cornerstone of his success. Just think of some of the great, reaffirming songs from Walt's time that helped to give a lift when we needed it:

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"

"Enjoy It!"

"Joie de Vivre"

"No Way to Go but Up"

"Whistle While You Work"

"A Spoonful of Sugar (helps the medicine go down)"

"With a Smile and a Song"

"Let's Sing a Gay Little Spring Song"

"My, What a Happy Day"

"Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah"

...and so many more.

Put a few on your iTunes and head out into the glorious Spring weather!
              “I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past.” -- Walt Disney

Comment

• Disneyland Daddy
                ...is fading out....
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post

I agree that Walt's optimism was the cornerstone of his success. Just think of some of the great, reaffirming songs from Walt's time that helped to give a lift when we needed it:

"Enjoy It!"

"Joie de Vivre"

"No Way to Go but Up"

"Whistle While You Work"

"My, What a Happy Day"

"Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah"

...and so many more.

Excellent idea Merlin! I actually DO have the Monorail Song, Swisskapolka and a few other older Disney tunes on my iPod....

Comment

• codelyokorox
                  Adventurer Slash Explorer
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                  Excellent idea Merlin! I actually DO have the Monorail Song, Swisskapolka and a few other older Disney tunes on my iPod....
                  I have most every Disneyland song on my ipod. I have a 'Disneyland' playlist! :lol: The kids at my school think I'm nuts. But ah... oh well.

I agree, thanks Disney!
                  Except for the rude people, who do get me down sometimes, I love his parks.
                  Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

• mariezp
                    1375 miles away
                    • Oct 2005

Well said Disneyland Daddy! A BIG thank you to Walt for being such a visionary and being willing to share his Disneyland with the rest of us! I am so glad he made my happiest place on earth!
                    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
                    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
                    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
                    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

Comment

• sunnygirl
                      rainy day girl
                      • Apr 2005

As much of a "safe haven" DL may seem to me, my wallet begs to differ. I just spent another $380 for another annual pass. And I seem to spend 7 or 8 bucks for a crappy cheeseburger with lukewarm fries, or $3 for a soda everytime I go there.

DL is a safe haven for every aspect of my life except for my wallet.
                      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

• roxystar68
                        MiceChatter
                        • Mar 2006

Thanks for my happy place Uncle Walt. Without it I'd have a lot more money, but I'd be miserable.
                        The daydream princess

Comment

• disneyfan07
                          Banned User
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
                          I have most every Disneyland song on my ipod. I have a 'Disneyland' playlist! :lol: The kids at my school think I'm nuts. But ah... oh well.

I agree, thanks Disney!
                          Except for the rude people, who do get me down sometimes, I love his parks.
                          well jessica, you have nothing to worry about. I could not and will never be rude to you

jason, from ridgecrest.

oh and regarding Walt Disney :yea: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :yea:

Comment

• Rex Dopey24
                            Goofy
                            • Jul 2006

a big thank you to mr. disney. Disneyland is a world to go to relax and have fun and to forget all the problems.

Comment

• disneyfan07
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
                              a big thank you to mr. disney. Disneyland is a world to go to relax and have fun and to forget all the problems.
                              lets hear it for rex!!!

rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex

Comment

• disneyfan07
                                Banned User
                                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post

"Enjoy It!"

"Joie de Vivre"

"No Way to Go but Up"

"Whistle While You Work"

"My, What a Happy Day"

"Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah"

...and so many more.

lets hear it for Merlin Jones!!!!!

merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!m erlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!me rlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!mer lin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merl in!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merli n!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin !merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin! merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!m erlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!me rlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!mer lin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merl in!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merli n!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin !merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin! merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!m erlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!me rlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!mer lin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merl in!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merli n!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin !merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin! merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!m erlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!me rlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!mer lin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merl in!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merli n!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin !merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin! merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!m erlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!me rlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!mer lin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merl in!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merli n!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin !merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin! merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!m erlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!me rlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!mer lin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merl in!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merli n!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin !merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin! merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!m erlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!me rlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!mer lin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merl in!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merli n!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin !merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin! merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!m erlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!me rlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!mer lin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merl in!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merli n!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin !merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin! merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!m erlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!me rlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!mer lin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merl in!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merli n!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin !merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin! merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!m erlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!me rlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!mer lin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merl in!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merli n!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin !merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!merlin!

Comment

• Rex Dopey24
                                  Goofy
                                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
                                  lets hear it for rex!!!

rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexr exrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex rexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexre xrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrexrex

Thank thank you too kind. :bow:

Comment

• PragmaticIdealist
                                    • Jun 2005

I haven't read anything in the Debate Lounge, but I must say that I have never been as proud of the United States of America as I've been over the last few months. In the words of Mr. Disney, the spirit in the air at this moment in our history makes me feel red, white, and blue all over.

Comment

• clara
                                      Sshhh, being very quiet
                                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                                      As much of a "safe haven" DL may seem to me, my wallet begs to differ. I just spent another $380 for another annual pass. And I seem to spend 7 or 8 bucks for a crappy cheeseburger with lukewarm fries, or $3 for a soda everytime I go there.

DL is a safe haven for every aspect of my life except for my wallet.
                                      Agreed and agreed...and in my case..it's takes a little over half a tank to get to Dland and back and with gas prices...that hurts. When I first bought my pass 4 years ago..I would go almost every week..now...I'll be lucky to get out there once a month. And now, that my son is older, he wants every Mickey plushie or play gun or trinket he sees and it's so hard for me to say no to my son's big brown puppy dog eyes and I give in. After a trip to Disneyland...I'm broke for weeks. And being single mom doesn't help.

I love Dland....but it's hard to mask the pain the wallet feels everytime I go and takes away from the joy just a bit.

Ta Da!

Comment

• fo'c's'le swab
                                        Blind to His Own Faults
                                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                                        I haven't read anything in the Debate Lounge, but I must say that I have never been as proud of the United States of America as I've been over the last few months.
                                        Me, too--I'm kicking ___ in my American Idol pool!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X