This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Secrets

Okay-- as July approaches, my annual pass is going to expire. As I have said before, I will not be renewing. I have 2-3 more trips planned. I think I have done everything, but I was just wondering--- have I missed anything?

So what is your FAVORITE Disneyland Secret??

I promise not to tell anyone--it'll just be between you and me.

Thanks!!
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Re: Disneyland Secrets

If you stand in New Orleans Square, right outside the exit of Pirates, and put your ear to the ground at the foot of the ramp, you can hear "Yo Ho" if you listen hard enough. Kidding. But that is the one spot in the park, including backstage, where you can stand on solid ground outside and be located directly above the track of Pirates. Below that area is the part of the flume just after the first drop.

Let's see...what else...well, bizarre spatial relationships between attractions are my specialty, so I'll just keep going with a few I've mentioned before.

* After you walk past the busts that watch you in line for the Haunted Mansion, you turn right and pass below the tracks of the Disneyland Railroad. You can see a boxy black shape in the wall/ceiling where the tunnel is.

* The "bamboo canyon" in the Indy queue is located directly adjacent to the loading area of Pirates. The ancient Indian temple and the Louisiana bayou landing share a wall.

* Splash Mountain's Laughing Place and the Haunted Mansion's graveyard scene aren't very far apart at all.

Comment

Yeah I like spatial relationships like that too. Though It's hard to get my head around it sometimes.

My favorite secret has got to be the fastpass trick where you use expired fastpasses. You stack them up, and use them one after the other.

Comment

Though It's hard to get my head around it sometimes.
        Absolutely! That's the fun of it! :yea: You keep staring and staring at the ocean beyond the Wicked Wench, trying to convince yourself that just a couple dozen feet of asphalt and a few walls separate that from the film room in the Indy queue...but your brain just refuses to believe it.

Comment

More on POTC. When you are "underground" (sorry, I couldn't resist - you know what I mean, DataMeister) after the two drops and you pass the skeleton sailing the ship in the lightning, you can see the underneath side of the lift that takes you back up to ground level at the end of the ride.

Comment

More on POTC. When you are "underground" (sorry, I couldn't resist - you know what I mean, DataMeister) after the two drops and you pass the skeleton sailing the ship in the lightning, you can see the underneath side of the lift that takes you back up to ground level at the end of the ride.
            Good gracious me, you're indeed correct that the two scenes are right next to each other. Can you actually see the underside of the lift, though? I'd never noticed that.

In other news, as you start to emerge from the Davy Jones effect tunnel, the dungeon scene is immediately to your right.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
              Good gracious me, you're indeed correct that the two scenes are right next to each other. Can you actually see the underside of the lift, though? I'd never noticed that.

In other news, as you start to emerge from the Davy Jones effect tunnel, the dungeon scene is immediately to your right.
              Yes, you can see the outline of a long shallow incline. Take a look on your next visit.

From there, you continue making a left past the drinking skeletons. Behind the cave wall behind them are the cannon/gun fighting pirates before the final lift. (I know you know all of this DM.)

Comment

Data = awesome.
                Siggy siggy sig sig.

Comment

Haha, thanks, Bubba.

Yes, you can see the outline of a long shallow incline. Take a look on your next visit.
                  Indeed I shall! Very interesting. Thanks for mentioning that.

Let's see...what've I got besides spatial relationships? Hmm. Well, sleepybear, if you haven't asked a cast member to show you the HM pet cemetery, you should--it's a standard "secret." Not so standard is the knowledge that the exit ramp is all down below that cemetery, though it makes sense if you think about it. The pet cemetery gets bonus points because it's the only place onstage where you can see the southeast (left) edge of Splash Mountain to my knowledge. Normally, you just see that side of the attraction just dwindle away into the trees, but you can see where it meets up with the berm if you stand in the HM pet cemetery. If you look really closely, you can even see the unthemed edge of the train tunnel hidden behind the theming. I've got photos of it in my Flickr account, the link to which is in my sig.

Comment

Do you think I have to ride HM to get to see the pet cemetary? HM is the only ride I don't do.

(and yes I have been on it---a thousand times.)
                    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Comment

Data,
                      After Jack, did they move the pet cemetery to the front of the mansion or is it still by the side?

And I really don't think that there are that many secrets in Disneyland, but my ex-gf and I were walking by Fantasmic when the floats were passing by with Beauty and the Beast blaring so I immediately found a dark area/corner by ROA and danced with her =D

Comment

Originally posted by aznshrek88 View Post
                        Data,
                        After Jack, did they move the pet cemetery to the front of the mansion or is it still by the side?

And I really don't think that there are that many secrets in Disneyland, but my ex-gf and I were walking by Fantasmic when the floats were passing by with Beauty and the Beast blaring so I immediately found a dark area/corner by ROA and danced with her =D
                        Sorry, but the romantic in me LOVES this secret! If ever you are to ask her to marry you, that would be the spot to choose, I am sure your impromptu dance is one of her fondest Disneyland memories!

Comment

underneath pizza port is a massive basement area, left over from the mission to mars ride. It's now storage for various things, still has all the old iron supports that shored up the display theaters, old intact doors still with the theater 1 and 2 plaques on them, etc etc. it holds stuff for the moonliner fog also in it.

in the orleans area is a half decent spot to view some fantasmic behind the scenes magic, those who are interested stand in front of the last light tower that comes out of the ground closest to the harbor galley, if you go past a planter with a churro or pop corn cart on the end, you are too far. turning to your left and looking you would see the tom sawyer island loading dock a few feet away. Tip: look behind the water screens, do not focus on the screens like they assume you will....

Comment

What do you mean by Water Screens?

Also they just started selling a book that shows off all the hidden mickeys in Disneyland, I dunno might be fun if it's too crowded.

Comment

Do you think I have to ride HM to get to see the pet cemetary?
                              Nope. Just walk up to the gate and ask a CM if they can take you back there. May I ask why you don't ride that fabulous masterpiece anymore?

It's still off to the right of the mansion, if you look at it from the front. A new pet cemetery was added to the front, off the left, in the 90s, but it's not the same as the "original" one that only gets seen by people who ask to see it.

Another "secret": the so-called endless hallway in the same attraction does actually have an end, and it's located quite close to the first view of the hitchhiking ghosts. The three of them stand in a crypt, thumbing for a lift, and the endless hallway ends off to the right as you look at them.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X