This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigantic Hole Opens up in Disneyland; Ark not in it

Today (4/6), I took a trip over to the DLR with my friend Kristi from school. We spent an enjoyable day at both parks, and after some funny ride pictures, several break downs (Space, Roger Rabbit, IJA, HM, BTM, etc.) and some witty banter between the two of us, we decided to get some dinner before Fantasmic! when we ran into MiceChat's own Adelade working Fantasmic! But there was a problem C tower was stuck and couldn't come back down so said hole opened up and the techs scrambled to reboot the computer before the 9 show. They got it just in time though. The most fun though was watching her try and keep people from falling into the hole while coming up with fun things to say what was going on down there.

I called it the Well of Souls as in Raiders and hoped that the computer wasn't running Vista. That got a few laughs from the techs... oh, Mac humor is great. And a few Tron MCP jokes which no one really got... nerd humor only goes so far then, I guess....

The show went of without a hitch and I've gotta say, I love the new effects. But, anyways, I just had to share with the MCers this hole in the DL ground.
    Last edited by Indiana Joel; 04-06-2008, 09:52 PM.
    sigpic
    Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

Re: Gigantic Hole Opens up in Disneyland; Ark not in it

water go down the hole. good picture thanks.

Comment

"I looked into the amulet and saw a vision of Sallah and myself lifting the Ark of the Covenant out of an Egyptian tomb. Vision of the future, or just wishful thinking?"

Sorry, we're getting really obscure there. Major points go to anyone who can identify this.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
        "I looked into the amulet and saw a vision of Sallah and myself lifting the Ark of the Covenant out of an Egyptian tomb. Vision of the future, or just wishful thinking?"

Sorry, we're getting really obscure there. Major points go to anyone who can identify this.
        No need to be sorry, I just wish I knew what that was from (something Indy, duh, but what?).
        sigpic

Comment

No need to be sorry, I just wish I knew what that was from (something Indy, duh, but what?).
          Start going through all the files in every office in your brain...

Comment

Raiders of the Lost Ark reference.

Sallah is Indy's friend in Cairo.

Comment

That's more like the hole you would expect to see Prince Edward and Pip to pop up from!
              Last edited by Aladdin; 04-06-2008, 10:26 PM.
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

From Indy's office in the Forbidden Eye, queue?

Comment

Raiders of the Lost Ark reference.

Sallah is Indy's friend in Cairo.
                  Yes, but it is not I who devised the reference. Credit for that goes to the Imagineer responsible for the map--

From Indy's office in the Forbidden Eye, queue?
                  Hole in one!

Comment

From the looks of it, it was more of a job to keep people from tripping over the hole cover than falling in the hole itself. Unless they were trying to pick someone up and toss them in the hole.
                    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
                    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Ah... very clever Data. But, I'd expect nothing less.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
                        From the looks of it, it was more of a job to keep people from tripping over the hole cover than falling in the hole itself. Unless they were trying to pick someone up and toss them in the hole.
                        Indeed, the job for Adelade (and even myself, being roped into it) was making sure people didn't fall into it and creating a walkway between the two of us, facing each other. Oh, and making sure that they didn't look in lest the hole steal their souls, melt their faces or get whacked by a Prince or Princess popping out randomly.
                        sigpic

Comment

Observatory of the future.

(From the old ride map.)
                          Originally posted by SummerInFL
                          Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                          Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                            water go down the hole. good picture thanks.

Ducky go down the hole...ewwwww..

There are offices in my brain? Man, those people need a raise.

My theory is they found some old sketches of Jim Henson's, they will be doing some cross promotion of the movie Labryinth and putting any bad children or stroller wielding moms into the oubliette to teach them a lesson.

Comment

Observatory of the future.

(From the old ride map.)
                              Correct, but you've been beaten to it, I'm afraid. :blush:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X