This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Maliboomer

I have heard that this ride is going to be torn down for the DCA expansion and renovation. Does anyone have any more information on this? I didn't get to ride it the last time I was down there, and I hope I can ride it a few more times before it comes down, if it is indeed scheduled to be removed.
    sigpic
    "I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

Re: The Maliboomer

I believe the current plan is for it to be removed, yes. I don't think plans have been solidified on what to put there, unless that has happened quite recently.

Comment

I'm sure you have at least a year or 2 to ride it. Enjoy it while it's there!

Welcome to MiceChat!

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the warm welcome aashee.
        sigpic
        "I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

Comment

And be sure to check out the DCA project tracker here:

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ker-81393.html

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeymark34 View Post
            Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the warm welcome aashee.
            My Pleasure! Any newcomers who love to talk Disneyland are always welcome in my book.

Comment

Disneyland is all I have been dreaming about lately.
              sigpic

Comment

This my whole thing: I don't think ANYTHING should be torn down.

They really should work with what they have, and just use the existing framework to extend and deepen the theme through music, better and more extensive queues, added shopping and dining options that stay open later, and more and better foliage and shade trees.

Demolishing whole attractions. Removing the entrance...when that wasn't even where the complaints were in the first place....

---Those things are very distruptive and destroy the structure and viability of the initial space.

Work with what you have already. Use existing attractions as a base to extend and enhance.

But apparently they aren't doing that.
                2007 Photos:
                http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                More 2007 Photos:
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                2006 Photos:
                http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

Another Disney fan from Nor-cal, yay...WELCOME.

Comment

I love the 'Boomer. I'm gonna miss it. *sniffle*

Comment

Sounds like you'll fit in pretty well here then
                      Your Life is an occasion, so rise up to it.

Comment

The thing is, Pisces, there's little that can be done thematically with Maliboomer. It is what it is--an attraction that can be found under different names and different decorations in amusement parks across the world. And it's especially redundant now that ToT is part of the same park. How can Maliboomer be rethemed to fit a cohesive theme that feels original and feels "Disney"?

Comment

I love the maliboomer, but I won't be sad to see it go.

It most likely will be relocated to another park, I'd like to see it end up at Magic Mtn. They need a new Tower ride.

Comment

Pisces-

I understand the sentiment about not removing rides, DCA needs all it can get in some sense. But I think the problems are too big to just add a little themeing and not rip out a few rides. Clearly this is one that needs to go IMO. It is ugly even for what it is, a carnival ride, and does not fit the victorian theme.

I kinda liked the idea of replacing it with a traditional parachute drop ride, but I also think this is more carny than they should be going. Last I heard the area was going to be a nice little garden rest area with new plants and tress. I think that will be nice for the mean time, but I still hope we eventually get a well themed flume ride using some of that area. I really liked some of the ideas from previous threads about a "Tunnel of Love" style ride based on Disney Villains. That could be awesome.
                            The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                            -Walt Disney

Comment

I have to disagree I feel the Maliboomer fits well in the, Victorian Board walk theme. Since it does not take up a whole lot of space why not decorate it a bit, better to fit the error and leave it. If we are going to remove something why not remove that Zepplin ride (Not Sure on the name) It's the one with the silver Rockets that go round and Round.
                              As far as removing things does any one know when they will begin to take down the CALIFORNIA sign. We are going for Turkey Day, And I would like to get one last picture in front of it with the wife and kiddies.
                              Dave

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X