Welcome to the Anaheim GardenWalk Progress Thread! This thread, which had originally featured concept art and a preview to the immersive project, now features everything you need to know about the Anaheim GardenWalk, ranging from new store openings to future additions to the property. This thread will be updated as I receive new information about the GardenWalk.
- The Anaheim GardenWalk Website - the official website
- Disney and More article - discusses the possible hotel plans
- OC Register article - discusses the possible hotel plans
- WATG Website - discusses the potential expansion area
- Address: 321 W. Katella, Anaheim, CA 92802
- Size: 19.3 acres
- 440,000 sq. ft of retail, dining, and entertainment
- 942,360 sq. ft of hotel property (866 rooms)
- 560,000 sq. ft of time share units (400 units)
- 1,088,750 sq. ft of parking
- Cost: $600 million
- Location: Between Katella and Disney Way along Clementine
- Concept Art - This includes renderings of the GardenWalk project.
- Maps - This includes maps and overviews of the GardenWalk complex.
- July 26 - Auntie Anne's opened.
- July 26 - Heat Ultra Lounge opened.
- August 4 - Chicos will open.
- August 5 - The Great Steak & Potato Company will open.
- August 15 - Madison & Co will open.
- August 15 - Momotree will open.
- No events planned at the moment.
- Open - These stores are open and are serving the public.
- Ann Taylor Loft
- Fresh Produce
- G Stage
- Harley-Davidson of Anaheim
- Kay Jewelers
- Lux Aveda Salon/Spa
- Red Apparel
- Runway 5
- Sunglass Hut
- The Body Shop
- Tommy Bahama
- Opening Soon - These stores are opening within a week.
- August 4 - Chicos
- August 15 - Madison & Co
- August 15 - Momotree
- Not Yet Open - These stores will be opening late summer 2008.
- Brooks Brothers
- Rami Accessories
- Sun's Up
- Open - These restaurants and eateries are open and are serving the public.
- Auntie Anne's
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Cheesecake Factory
- Marble Slab Creamery
- McCormick & Schmicks Grille
- P.F. Chang's
- Pop The Cork
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
- Roy's Restaurant Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine
- Opening Soon - These restaurants and eateries are opening within a week.
- August 5 - The Great Steak & Potato Company
- Not Yet Open - These restaurants and eateries will be opening late summer 2008.
- Bar Louie Tavern & Grill (August 15)
- Fuzziwig's Candy Factory
- Hawaiian Barbecue
- Johnny Rockets
- La Salsa
- Mrs. Fields
- San Sai Japanese Grill
- Open! All entertainment venues are open.
- 24 Hour Fitness
- 300 Anaheim Bowling & Entertainment Center
- Heat Ultra Lounge
- Lux Aveda Salon/Spa
- Pop The Cork
- The Movie Experience 14
- Wonder Garden - Acts as the southern entrance and is located on Katella.
- Rock Garden - A quiet resting place to relax in.
- Terrace Garden - An energized garden with beautiful surroundings.
- Gala Garden - The event area in which most entertainment is located.
- Garden Gate - Acts as the northern entrance and is located on Disney Way.
Opening Date: Unknown, Possibly late 2009
Description: There are either two or three proposed hotels that are planned to be built on the east side of the GardenWalk. There is planned to be 866 rooms among the hotels. The hotels will have a large outdoor deck above the shopping area that includes pools and other amenities. The hotels owners are not yet known; however, one possibility is the Disney Company.
Opening Date: Unknown, Possibly mid-2009
Description: There are 400 timeshare units planned to be built on the west side of the GardenWalk. They will be built above the parking garage and will feature a private rooftop pool and recreation courtyard. The timeshares are detached from the hotels; however, it is possible that they will be under the same owner.
Opening Date: Unknown, Possibly 2011
Description: This new addition to the GardenWalk would be located in the northern area of the block extending from the GardenWalk to Harbor Blvd along Disney Way. The expansion, though not yet approved, would provide guests with more retail, restaurants, and entertainment. The new addition would also include a new garden and an abundance of plants and shrubbery. The potential expansion would also provide a new entrance to the GardenWalk that is located less than five minutes walking distance from the Disneyland Resort.