This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more week til Disneyland!!

My wife and I and our friends are heading out to DL next week for a quick three day visit. We can't wait to see all the changes done for the 50th. We were there last October and the castle was covered and the Matterhorn was closed. We know it's going to be crowded. Are the crowds about the same from weekend to weekend this year or is it getting more crowded the later into summer it gets? Just curious. It really doesn't matter much to me. I just can't wait to get on Casey Jr. and Mr. Toad again not to mention the real Haunted Mansion. We rode HM Holiday last year and it just wasn't as cool to me. Next Thursday can't come soon enough!

Re: One more week til Disneyland!!

We were there last weekend and it was crowded, but manageable. I know you'll have a great time; have a Dole whip for me!
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you :love: MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Comment

2 weeks for me Aug 24,25,26 '05 - just hoping that the crowds will be down a little, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by chadb14
        2 weeks for me Aug 24,25,26 '05 - just hoping that the crowds will be down a little, but I'll just have to wait and see.
        Those are my exact days too. This is my first trip to DL i have ever put together by myself. Me and my G/F will be staying at the Disneyland hotel for three nights. I hope the crowds are down. I also hope the crowds have gone down... but probably not! oh well, every year I go in summer and the crowds still haven't ruined the magic for me! have fun!

Comment

Yay for you! have a great time. We are in countdown mode as well, we were there in May for 6 days, and Sept. 14-17 this time. You are going to love all the stuff for the 50th!
          Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

We just got back yesterday from our much anticipated trip to Disneyland. We were there last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It was everything we expected and a lot more. I was very impressed with how clean the park was. Everything was spruced up and looked great. All the 50th decorations were really nice. There were many highlights of course. Among those were seeing the original Haunted Mansion again. We saw HMH last year and I was very glad to hear the Ghost Host once again. Riding Casey Jr. again was great too of course. I really liked the gold engine. In fact all the gold attraction vehicles were really cool. Fantasyland was great first thing in the morning. It was practically a ghost town. It was weird walking right on Peter Pan. We're used to waiting a long time for that one. In fact, the lines weren't that long at all for most things. The longest wait was for a Dole Whip! It was well worth it too. The Tiki Room was gorgeous! They did a fantastic job with the renovation. The new parts of Jungle Cruise were really well done too. It was a lot of fun at night. The new fireworks and Fantasmic were cool too. Overall it was an amazing three days that went by way too fast!!

Comment

I am sure you will have a great time, despite the crowds. Get an early start, use fastpass. Concentrate on the things that you really care about. Make a list of things you would like to accomplish and spread it over your alloted days. It doesn't have to be a written list. Take your time and enjoy the little pleasures of the park.

I went for the first time during the anniversary, and crowds didn't bother me one bit. There is just so much to do at Disneyland, to worry about the crowds. I especially loved the park, in the morning when it first opened and at night after the fireworks, and/or Fantsmic.

Have a great time.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

You're absolutely right about the park in the morning and late at night. It was so peaceful in the morning. It had a very different vibe than later in the day. It was great! We were surprised at how fast the park cleared out after the fireworks. It was a lot of fun walking around Frontierland and New Orleans Square right before closing. One night we were one of the last people to ride Pirates and it was really cool being practically the only people on the attraction. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip.

Comment

Glad you had a great trip!
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Did u go on space mountain!!???!!??!?!?!?!?! :beg:
                    :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

My wife and I didn't go on it because my wife is not a big fan of thrill rides and didn't want to go on it and I didn't want to leave her waiting alone while we rode it. Our friends that went with us did and they really liked the new version. From the outside the attraction looked great. I really like the new sign. It has that great late 70's-early 80's feel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Jr Fan
                        You're absolutely right about the park in the morning and late at night. It was so peaceful in the morning. It had a very different vibe than later in the day. It was great! We were surprised at how fast the park cleared out after the fireworks. It was a lot of fun walking around Frontierland and New Orleans Square right before closing. One night we were one of the last people to ride Pirates and it was really cool being practically the only people on the attraction. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip.
                        A couple years back, my older 2 kids rode Pirates at closing and were the only ones on it. So, they took to singing the pirate song at the top of their lungs. Suddenly, over the mic they hear, in a good pirate voice "Sing that pirate song, mateys!!!!!" They loved it.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X