X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like soft openings of Buzz start March 7th

From a post over at Laughing Place...

http://www.laughingplace.com/default...0213200720&C=1

Time to start kissing up to your favorite Cast Members. Anyone want to buy me a Monte Cristo? This from the Cast Portal.

Experience Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    Date: 02/11/2005

Cast Members and their families are invited to join Disneyland Resort Guests on March 7 - 10, to experience Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. Intergalactic hero Buzz Lightyear embarks on a mission to save the universe, as a member of the Space Ranger Corps, Universe Protection Unit, it's up to you to battle the evil Emperor Zurg on an action-packed journey to "infinity and beyond!" Take command of your Star Cruiser and navigate through tricky twists and turns while firing away at colorful targets. Blast enough targets and you'll make top junior Space Ranger and maybe even save the universe!

Tickets will be available at all TEAM Centers beginning Wednesday, February 16 and will be issued based on dependency listings, while supplies last.

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters is inspired by the Walt Disney Pictures presentation of A Pixar Animation Studios Film, "Toy Story 2."

"Cast Members and their families are invited to join Disneyland Resort Guests on March 7 - 10, to experience Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters."

Sounds like soft openings to me.
    Sounds like there is a good chance to check it out if you show up on those dates.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Can any Cast Members confirm this for us? I'm sure the LP source is a good one, but it never hurts to get a second opinion.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

That sounds great!

But I have a question: How come the attraction is described as being inspired by "Toy Story 2"? Like Buzz and Star Command weren't in the first Toy Story?? Just sounds weird to say the attraction is based on a sequel. Guess I'm just nitpicky that way. hehe.
      "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

Comment

Originally posted by LiTtLeMeRmAiD
        That sounds great!

But I have a question: How come the attraction is described as being inspired by "Toy Story 2"? Like Buzz and Star Command weren't in the first Toy Story?? Just sounds weird to say the attraction is based on a sequel. Guess I'm just nitpicky that way. hehe.
        I'm guessing it's because you never saw anything other then Buzz in the first movie

Zurg was never shown and it seemd as though Zurg was just a generic name they pulled out to have as an enemy for Buzz
        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Would they open it to guests at teh SAME time they are doing the CM thing? If they are - whats the point of having the CM tickets?

Comment

Cool, thanks Darkbeer for the info!

When's the "offical" opening day?

Comment

The CM tickets are like fast passes. And I can confirm this. I'm the CM who posted this at LP. I got it off the Cast Portal and it is posted on the bulletin boards in my break area.

Comment

Cool, can't wait to hear all about it!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Disnerd
                  The CM tickets are like fast passes. And I can confirm this. I'm the CM who posted this at LP. I got it off the Cast Portal and it is posted on the bulletin boards in my break area.
                  Gotcha.

Did they have an AP preview for the ToT? I kinda recall they did - but back then our kids were too small to go so we did not pay much attention. I ask because I wonder if they will do the same for this ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Disnerd
                    Thanks Disnerd. We'd love for you to feel comfortable posting that kind of info here as well.

-Dusty
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Well, the CM tickets could work like FASTPASSES, and the regular guests could be the standby folks. One of the reasons for these events are to test loading procedures, and verify the hourly capacity. Plus a chance to train CM's...

The official opening date is May 5th, 2005.
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

The problem is that Dark Beer types faster than I do. By the time I got over here he had my post copied over here. I think he has multiple PCs routed to the net.

Comment

Another thing about the CM tickets from the TEAM centers. They are like free sign ins.

Comment

Please bring me up to date...

Is the "Buzz" at DLR styled after the rather primative WDW version (which was still fun) or the fancier version I hear they have in Tokyo (??)
                            "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Moonliner
                              Please bring me up to date...

Is the "Buzz" at DLR styled after the rather primative WDW version (which was still fun) or the fancier version I hear they have in Tokyo (??)
                              both versions are actualy pretty similar

but our Buzz is supposed to be more reactive like Tokyo's (maybe even more then Tokyo's is) rather then WDW's relativly non reactive targets, also ours will be like Tokyo in that both were built into Circlevision buildings so the showscenes and floorplans are very similar
                              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X