Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automated Ticket Machines

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Automated Ticket Machines

    Someone posted to the Fool's message board pictures of the new automated ticket machines at WDW...

    I guess it is a matter of time when they will come to Disneyland...

    (Hey miceage guys, what about an UPDATE?)
    Check out my other blog:

  • #2
    I can just imagine the people that will get hung up on these automated ticket machines. People can't even understand the self checkout line at the local grocery store.

    But otherwise they sound cool.

    Comment


    • #3
      Interesting to note that Disney has turned off the Self Serve machines at Taste Pilots Grill...

      USH offers the machines, and folks use them without problem.

      As the cost of Labor keeps going up, I think the more you will see these type of machines.

      At Disneyland, it would be easy to extend the current 4 ticket windows buildings (in the back) and add the automated ticket machines there.
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

      Comment


      • #4
        hmmm.... i know how DCA can get more people... hehehe....

        (The idea of automated ticketing has been expaning from being at walmart, to grocery stores... who both have it but people hate it.. To being at movie theaters and themeparks... where people are actually liking them...)

        I wouldn't be surprised to see them in next year or even this year when the influx of people come may 5th.... through next year...

        Comment


        • #5
          I perfer them cause people avoid them on purpose. When there is no line at the ones at the store, they are the best!

          Not that I will have any use for the ones soon to be at Disneyland, I like the idea!
          www.deliciousmayhem.net
          www.kidseatingpaste.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Darkbeer
            Interesting to note that Disney has turned off the Self Serve machines at Taste Pilots Grill...
            I rather like the Taste Pilots Grill, but those Self Serve machines there are buggy and rather alkward to go through... Beside, I really don't like the "would you like fries with that?" style of programming... If I want a souveneer sipper I would order a souveneer sipper, you don't have to ask me if I want one...

            The only reason why I mention it is though you are right it does lower labor costs... But why do that to Disneyland - a park built on the idea of quality? It creates tension among the CM's and soon Disneyland will become a vertual theme park for vertual customers to spend vertual money...
            Check out my other blog:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cellarhound
              I rather like the Taste Pilots Grill, but those Self Serve machines there are buggy and rather alkward to go through... Beside, I really don't like the "would you like fries with that?" style of programming... If I want a souveneer sipper I would order a souveneer sipper, you don't have to ask me if I want one...

              The only reason why I mention it is though you are right it does lower labor costs... But why do that to Disneyland - a park built on the idea of quality? It creates tension among the CM's and soon Disneyland will become a vertual theme park for vertual customers to spend vertual money...
              I agree that there shoul be a quality element to the parks. The CM's are known for being freindly, courteous, and simply part of the experience, why take that away?
              Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
              Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
              Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
              Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
              Marge: Pink.
              Homer: D'oh!
              Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

              Comment


              • #8
                I guess the next question would be "Would you go to a completely automated amusement park?"

                I think that part of the experience is the interaction with the cast members working at DL. To take that away would make it feel kind of 'antiseptic' to me.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  I can see the Japanese making one...

                  Automatic Ticket Machines....

                  Turnstyles like BART or the New York Subway

                  Vending Machines throughout the park selling Food, beverage and merchandise. (Have you seen all the things you can buy in vending machines in Japan... about anything!)

                  The Characters would become robots...
                  Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Demigod
                    I guess the next question would be "Would you go to a completely automated amusement park?"

                    nope...that'd suck.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm all in favor of optional automated machines. Ticket machines, ordering machines, teller machines. As long as there is a person available if you need them, why not make it easy for the folks who know what they are doing.

                      I don't think that I have spoken to a gas station attendant or bank teller in years. Doesn't bother me one bit.

                      Our local movie theater is a prime example. You can wait in line for 15 minutes to buy a ticket at the window, or buy it in about 2 minutes from the machine. I'll choose the machine every time.
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                      Find us on Facebook:

                      .

                      How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














                      Comment


                      • #12
                        But machines working for people takes away jobs and jobless people ultimately weaken the econemy. Besides...nothing is better than getting good service from a smiling face.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dustysage
                          Our local movie theater is a prime example. You can wait in line for 15 minutes to buy a ticket at the window, or buy it in about 2 minutes from the machine. I'll choose the machine every time.
                          I don't might automated ticket machines, it would reduce the number of people at the ticket lines, great... I am all for smaller lines...

                          I noticed that about So Cal movie theatres and the automated ticket machines... But then again they also have complexes with over 30 screens...

                          We don't have that up here in SF... we think 10 screens are a lot... And there is less a need for automated ticket machines...

                          Except for the AMC in Emeryville over by Pixar which is a HUGE complex for a reason... (I think that one has over 20... Including a digital projector... They often get imported anime in there on limited release, I think for those who work at Pixar.)

                          I digress...
                          Check out my other blog:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                            But machines working for people takes away jobs and jobless people ultimately weaken the econemy. Besides...nothing is better than getting good service from a smiling face.
                            It creates jobs for the company that makes the machines, the company that maintains the machines, as well as maintanance at the company that buys the machines. All of which are probably higher paying, more secure jobs than the hourly seasonal jobs offered by Disneyland. Jobs aren't destroyed, just shifted.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ahh the age old automated battle. I believe automated ticket machines are fine as an option. It will definitely never replace good old human interaction, just because it's not always fast (people confused with technology holding up the line.) I always prefer the automated route to things myself.



                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X