This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grad Nite 10th Anniversary

Hi all, I'd just like to mention that tonight marks the 10-year point since I went to Disneyland's Grad Nite. It was hours before the official opening day of the "New Tomorrowland" and I was just so excited about going. Unfortunately, nothing was running in that section of the park except Star Tours and Space Mountain, but the Rocket Rods started operating just as we were leaving.

It's hard to believe it's actually been a full decade now. That night not only marked the first time in my life I rode all the rollercoasters in the park, it was also the night I got my spark for Disneyland back and have had it ever since. Before then, I thought I had "outgrown" the park and that it wasn't fun anymore.

And to those 18-year olds who have the chance to go to Grad Nite this year...do it! You can't go back and redo it later because your mindset and priorities change, you'll never have the same mentality as you do today. I absolutely LOVED my time at Grad Nite, but I could never go back. It's a new generation now and I just wouldn't feel a part of the pack like I did that night. So if you have the chance to go as a teenager, seize the opportunity.

Grad Nite is just one of those experiences in life that you can only do once, for a very short period of time and that stays with you for a lifetime. The fact that it happens in that weird and awkward period of teenage years only adds to the mystique of it later when you're grown up and look back. It's like living out a real-life episode of "The Wonder Years" or something.

Anyway, it was the night of May 21, 1998 that my interest in Disneyland was rekindled and I attended Grad Nite.

Re: Grad Nite 10th Anniversary

I'm going to Grad Nite tomorrow night, I'm very excited and cant wait

Comment

im working next weeks grad night cant wait!! ^^
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

I am freaking old! It's been almost 30 YEARS since I graduated high school!

Comment

well i j just woke up from grad nite, all i can say is that it was awesome and that i wish i could do it again

Comment

Grad Nite at Disneyland. Doesn't get much better than that.

It makes me jealous because I had my Grad Night at another school's gym.
            sigpic
            Home away from Home.

Comment

a Friend of mine went to Grad Nite last night and ended up with food poisoning from the pizza. He spent an hour in first aid. What a fun trip he had.

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                I am freaking old! It's been almost 30 YEARS since I graduated high school!
                Yeah, me too :blush: June 16, 1978. . . It was a blast!

DL: 1963, 1969, 1970, 1975, 1977, 1978, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
                WDW: 2010, 2011 (premiere pass!) 2012
                DCL: 2010, 2011, 2 x 2012

Comment

I'm so excited for mine. My Grad Nite will be on June 12th

Comment

Originally posted by sydney View Post
                    a Friend of mine went to Grad Nite last night and ended up with food poisoning from the pizza. He spent an hour in first aid. What a fun trip he had.
                    wow, that sucks, i didnt eat at all i gave my meal ticket away. i wish i could do grad nite again

Comment

Mine was June, 1986! Saw Miami Sound Machine, Mr.Mister, Klymaxx and Starpoint! It was awesome! Can't believe it's been 22 years!
                      Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Athlonacon View Post
                        Hi all, I'd just like to mention that tonight marks the 10-year point since I went to Disneyland's Grad Nite. It was hours before the official opening day of the "New Tomorrowland" and I was just so excited about going. Unfortunately, nothing was running in that section of the park except Star Tours and Space Mountain, but the Rocket Rods started operating just as we were leaving.
                        Interesting. This year is the 31st anniversary of my Grad Nite. They had just opened Space Mountain. We waited in line 4 hours to ride it.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X