This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Main Street Hand-Painted Watches question

I'm looking into getting one of the hand-painted custom watches on Main Street and was just wondering if anyone knows if the AP discount applies to those? They advertise the artists as Disney animators so I doubt its an outside company like the crystal shop. Also if any of you have bought one of these watches any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Re: Main Street Hand-Painted Watches question

Originally posted by goofypirate View Post
    I'm looking into getting one of the hand-painted custom watches on Main Street and was just wondering if anyone knows if the AP discount applies to those? They advertise the artists as Disney animators so I doubt its an outside company like the crystal shop. Also if any of you have bought one of these watches any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    I had considered buying one when I was a CM but they did not have a design I liked. I know the CM discount applied to them, and they are Disney CM's so I believe that it would apply but I am not 100%.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Yeah - I'm not 100% either, but my recollection is that AP discounts apply. I'll double check for you tomorrow.

Also - when I got mine it was one of the first 25 sold so it came with a copy of the artwork. I'd make sure to ask if they do that for all watches or if it was just because mine was a CM exclusive. Never hurts to ask!
      "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

I hope they give you the AP discount. If they consider it a "work of art" no discount.

Comment

Thanks for the help! At 300-500 dollars per watch the AP discount could save some decent cash. Has anybody else ever bought one of these watches? Do they let you keep the original artwork as well? I've always wondered how they shrink it down to the size of the watch face without a Xerox machine around.
          I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

I've always wondered how they could call it an "original piece of art" when it is a COPY of an original piece of art shrunk down to fit in a watch. At that price, you better get the original art!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
              I've always wondered how they could call it an "original piece of art" when it is a COPY of an original piece of art shrunk down to fit in a watch. At that price, you better get the original art!!!
              You do. And it comes with certification and everything else. My mother's friend purchased one about a month ago.

Also, I'm not 100% sure how they create the image for the watch, but it's not like some cheap print-out. At least some part of it is hand-done. The original image is just the starting point for the process.

Comment

Unless they changed the rules within the past few years, the AP discount does not apply to these watches. I was pretty surprised and the reason they gave me was because they are classified as original artwork. Again, this could have changed since it's been a few years since I purchased one.

Comment

^^ Thanks! I've always wondered about that!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X