This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] MiceChat Access OR Internet in Resort Area Hotels

What's the general situation (and some specific examples if you like) for Internet access in the area's hotels? I've noticed in tourist guides that many of the hotels have "Internet" mentioned alongside things like "refrigerator" and "iron/ironing board".

I'm guessing most would be wireless? Or are some cabled? Do some hotels offer it complimentary, or do you have to pay? And if you pay is it a once off charge or by the megabyte/minute?

?
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Re: MiceChat Access OR Internet in Resort Area Hotels

The disney hotels offer free internet and the do have a cable which seems to work better than their wireless in the rooms.

I've stayed at some non disney hotels. I don't recall suing the internet though. One hotel did offer free wireless, but it would not work at all. If the hotel charges for internet it will usually disclose that.

Comment

Though we rarely take a computer with us on our trips to the Resort (hey, we're there to have FUN!), we have experienced a few places that offer int access.

Diddo the experience with the Disney Hotels.

The Residence Inn on Harbor has free cable inside the rooms and it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
        I've stayed at some non disney hotels. I don't recall suing the internet though.
        I hope not. Why would you want to sue the internet? What did the internet ever do to you? :razz:
        Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
        Charter Member

Comment

the super 8 on disneyland drive (our cheapie hotel of choices) has free wifi and it works great in every room we've stayed at there
          Will there be screams when the sun sets,
          -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
          elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
          Originally posted by pratt55
          Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I stayed at Best Value Astoria Inn and Suites‎ for a whopping $42 a night and one of the services was free wireless Internet. All you have to do is ask at the front desk for the password.

That's how I was able to post about my interview! and not go insane from lack of Internet access
            Piano performances: Bohemain Rhapsody, To Zanarkand
            Theatre organ performances: Singin' in the Rain, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite, My Foolish Heart

Comment

For me it is a must to have internet access, I like to get back from the park and do a little surfing. I am what you would call an internet addict and it makes me feel better when I can access my email and amazon and Woot and spoofee and micechat and make sure I am not missing anything.. I personally have not stayed a hotel in a long time that did not have some kind of internet access.

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

Comment

Originally posted by b236en View Post
                I am what you would call an internet addict
                me too!! That's why I made sure to get a phone that could access the internet and I bring a lap top.

on my last trip every time I brought my phone out I was asked who i was texting. i would say, no one and then it was "are you on the internet!"...oh well. At least it's not as bad as other addictions.

Comment

Thanks guys.

OldSchoolMickey: I haven't seen the Residence mentioned as yet. Will look into that.

Elly: The Super 8 is my bottom on the barrel budget choice, depends on how much money I manage to save gets allocated to accommodation. I keep wavering between, "I only need a comfortable room as I'll be spending all the time in the Parks." And, "I'm there for two weeks I need a bit of comfort, and a fridge, internet, ironing board, laundry..."

Tj9991: Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into the Astoria Inn and Suites as well.

So many choices... so little information
                  Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                  DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X