This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] motel 6 on 100 disney drive

does anyone know anything about the motel 6 on 100 disney drive? i saw that they have recently been renovated and the pictures look good but you cant really trust it.
    but the renovated rooms look really good

Re: motel 6 on 100 disney drive

Someone reviewed it over at TripAdvisor today after spending the weekend there....

Major Upgrade for Motel 6 in Anaheim (Disney Way) - Anaheim Forum - TripAdvisor

Ok- stayed in newly remodeled 2 queens room Sat nite 9/19- paid $50- room was CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! And very adorable- daughter said it reminded her of her hotel room in Barcelona. Love the little eating "nook". Flat screen TV as promised, worked fine, got to check in an hour early, room pleasant and seems bigger than before, (I guess because there are no bulky dressers), very spartan, got 3 bath towels,couple little towels, a couple shelves in the bathroom, and a few hangers again in the bathroom, soap provided,no other amenities( I have stayed here before and did not expect any).
    So it is STILL a 2 star Motel, but for $50 a night, sounds like it fits the bill for someone looking for a decent room.

But as I said over at TA, bring your own Shampoo and other stuff, and maybe even a beach towel or two if you want to head to the pool and spa.

But sounds like a good deal at the price. (But if I could get the Entertainment Rate at HoJo's, I think I would pick that first).

Much more info at the link.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

thanks we were gonna stay at the candy cane but i think we will decide to stay at motel 6 and save the money for other stuff

Comment

We stayed there last year.
        The room was comfortable and nice so I can't complain that way. But the staff were surly and rather rude. Especially for a hotel in the DLR district.

The water main to the hotel broke on our last day there and was shooting water in a 70 foot rocket up into the air and showering the cars. I called to the front desk to ask when this was going to be fixed so I could shower and get to the park. I was told that the Anaheim Fire Dept had diverted water in the area to fight a fire. Uh huh. Right. I could see the water fountain from my window. So I called back a little bit later and got a different person with a totally different answer. After a few minutes I went downstairs in person and confronted the manager on duty about it and got a 3rd answer. I don't think much of the staff there at all.

It was a good 20 - 25 minute walk from the hotel to the park, which isn't too bad, unless it is midnight and you've been walking all day long already.

So the hotel itself isn't too bad at all. The staff were abysmal (at least on our trip), and the walk was a little long.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

The person who went last Saturday said this about the staff...

I really like this place, esp. the price, have used other low-budget motels in area and have found this one to be the cleanest, with the most pleasant staff.
          A lot of things can change in a year, including much of the staff....

And as for the walk, on days that Pumbaa is open, you can catch the free Disney shuttle to Pumbaa or AGW and then walk the extra block.

Also, the hotel is serviced by the ART Shuttle system. (Stop right next to the Front Desk)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
            The person who went last Saturday said this about the staff...

A lot of things can change in a year, including much of the staff....

And as for the walk, on days that Pumbaa is open, you can catch the free Disney shuttle to Pumbaa or AGW and then walk the extra block.

Also, the hotel is serviced by the ART Shuttle system. (Stop right next to the Front Desk)
            I just stayed there last month. It was perfect. Clean rooms and the staff WAS friendly, though possibly a tad understaffed. As far as the walk goes, I think the shuttle cost $15 for 3 days for myself and a child. Would definitely recommend the place. Low price and clean.

Comment

I just stayed there this previous weekend. I wouldn't recommend it for a Disneyland stay. It really wasn't that bad, but there were several things that bugged us. The customer service was fair, and the room was somewhat clean. However, the towels and shower curtain both smelled of mildew, which hardly made sense since they should be quite new. The only information they left in our room was a brochure for a pizza place. They didn't even have anything to tell us what channels were what on the tv. We had to call the front desk just to get information on where to wait for the shuttle, which we only used once (The driver had informed a couple that got on the shuttle after us that he was making our stop first, but she slipped him some cash and he drove right by our hotel to take them somewhere a few miles away and then backtracked to get to our hotel. When I questioned him he got indignant with me and told me that was just the way you have to go! I used to live in Anaheim, I know the streets, he was lying). The walk isn't really very long but when you are walking ALL day long it gets to be too much.
              There were some good things. The tv's are large and the picture quality is good. Both my husband and I found the mattresses quite comfortable. The rooms are large, lot's of space. I'm just not sure the drawbacks were worth it. For example, when you wake up after a day of walking your feet REALLY don't enjoy a cold hard floor.
              The two things that were the worst to us were these:
              First, a few weeks before our trip my husband and I went to the hotel to see a "handicap room". My mother is confined to a wheelchair and we wanted to make sure that the accommodations would work for her needs. We were shown a room and assured that these were the "wheelchair rooms". There was not a single handicap accommodation in that room! We went back to the front desk assuming that a mistake had been made and politely asked again to see one of the handicap rooms. The desk attendant told us that we had seen one. I inquired why there was no roll-in shower or shower bench, why the showerhead was not detachable, why there were no handrails around the toilet or bathtub, etc. She informed me (with attitude at this point) that their hotel just "doesn't do that". Not wanting to be a bother, my mother ordered herself a shower attachment for a pet bath as well as a shower bench and potty chair (those things are not cheap). Turns out, they have perfectly fine handicap rooms and she didn't need any of the equipment that she bought. Very frustrating.
              The other thing was BUGS! Our group had three rooms and all of us had bugs in our room! Flies, gnats, worms, something that looked like termites, a long thin bug I have no clue what it is, and crickets. That is inexcusable and disgusting.
              So all in all, it is cheap, and it has some good points, but at the end of the day it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Comment

Worms? Ew!

I can sort of handle flies, gnats, even termites and crickets, but worms? What were worms doing in your room?

I'm staying there this weekend and this is a bit scary. Oh well, I will bring Lysol wipes and hope for the best.

Comment

Yeah, won't deal with Worms, especially if the rooms are "new". Ick.

For $50 you can easily Priceline and get one of the 3 1/2 to 4 star hotels in the area. Check the "Priceline" thread to see what kind of deals you can get right now.

For an extra few dollars you can get the HoJo as well. Can't recommend that hotel enough.

Comment

Our stay at the Motel 6 on Disney Way was just fine.

It was quite clean, the room was big, the beds not super comfortable but fine, and most importantly, no worms. : )

We found the walk to be not bad at all, about 10 minutes, but we are two adults and walk pretty fast. We brought our own soap, shampoo and whatnot, and had a "delux" room which cost a few extra bucks but came with a microwave and a fridge.

I would stay there again, for $60 a night on a weekend we felt it was a good deal for big, newly remodeled rooms.

Comment

Cool I figured out how to post images, this was our room.
                      Last edited by Dalia3001; 10-26-2009, 01:46 PM. Reason: Haven't figured out how to post images...

Comment

I'd stay there just to experience the orange rooms.
                        Adults are only kids grown up, anyway - Walt Disney

Comment

i have stayed there before and did not have any problems. I'm surprised about the bugs unless it was a warm day and the lights inside the rooms attracted them especially if the doors were kept open frequently. The hotel has several garden areas so bugs are expected but not in the rooms.

the problem with the shuttle bothers me though and if it was a city shuttle i would had written down the shuttle number and called the company responsible for it and then also later had written to the city. Drivers should not be changing their routes after taking bribes. I know that they all have specific routes they should take including what streets and directions. Its all part of the resorts trsnportation system to help traffic flow better.

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                            i have stayed there before and did not have any problems. I'm surprised about the bugs unless it was a warm day and the lights inside the rooms attracted them especially if the doors were kept open frequently. The hotel has several garden areas so bugs are expected but not in the rooms.

the problem with the shuttle bothers me though and if it was a city shuttle i would had written down the shuttle number and called the company responsible for it and then also later had written to the city. Drivers should not be changing their routes after taking bribes. I know that they all have specific routes they should take including what streets and directions. Its all part of the resorts trsnportation system to help traffic flow better.
                            I agree. In June I stayed at a different motel but it was on the same route as the Motel 6... and in all my experiences with the ART system that time was the worst. Its one of the smallest routes on the system but the shuttles were never on time, and you never knew what direction you would be going first. Had I known there might of been shenanigans going on with the shuttle drivers that could of been causing the problems I would of complained to ART myself.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

The ART System is a quasi-governmental agency set up by the City of Anaheim (The actual agency is called the Anaheim Transportation Network).

Here is the contact info....

Anaheim Resort Transit

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X