Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Help! Hotel recommendations..

Hi everyone! I am busy planning our first trip to DL....and have run across a few problems.

We were planning on staying at the Hyatt in Orange County...but, they don't have laundry facilities, or even bundle service. Since our vacation will be a road trip over 12 days....packing light and doing laundry is a must. So, we're looking at a couple other hotels in the area...

I have seen good things about the Annabella Hotel in Anaheim....has anyone stayed there? How was it?

And I also found the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. The pictures look a little iffy....that's why I'm coming to you.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Re: Help! Hotel recommendations..

Enjoy your first trip to DL!

Due to the recommendation of a friend and the lack of rooms at our regular hotel, we stayed at the Annabella once a few years ago. It was OK, but nothing special. Parking was sparse. No other issues, but we wouldn't stay there again. Not our style. Too many other choices.

Since you are on a road trip, you might look into the Residence Inn on Harbor in Garden Grove. They have a nice laundromat on the first floor. Comp hot breakfast each morning and even happy hour meals on select weeknights. Free parking too.

The Hyatt is right next door to the R-I. I think I recall seeing a laundromat on Harbor in the area, if you really like your rate at the Hyatt. It is a first class place! We have stayed there quite a few times thanks to Priceline. Our rates have varied from $48 to $62/night as I recall.

The Candy Cane is nice. I don't know if they have a laundromat though. A quick phone call or a visit to their web site can answer that question.

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post

The Candy Cane is nice. I don't know if they have a laundromat though. A quick phone call or a visit to their web site can answer that question.

Have fun!
      The Candy Cane does have a small laundromat.
      Originally posted by migo
      I poop with joy!
      Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

I've been a fan of the Annabella..it really is a nice hotel, and the rates are pretty good.

The Hojos also have a laundry room...Can't say enough good things about the Hojos...they have MC discount rates too!
        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I was wondering if there were discount rates for Mcer's. Thanks for letting me know that, Yoyo.

I was going to make a reservation for the Annabella...but, I think I will wait till the trip gets a bit closer. I keep hearing about better deals.

Comment

I would go with the hojo and this is why:

Comment

that's definately one of the ones I'm looking at. I've got a top 3 right now...and I'm just waiting to see what's the lowest rate I can get.

Comment

Try the Staybridge... it's an extended-stay chain, all suites, hot buffet breakfast, clean, and an ART stop right there that pretty much serves just them and Holiday Inn (same stop, same complex, same owners). Staybridge has become my favorite... really nice, full kitchens, and two rooms with two full baths and beds for 8 available to boot.

Comment

I've stayed at the Anaheim Plaza twice. Its older, and pretty basic but when I stayed there I had no complaints. The rooms are older but very spacious for a motel. The staff was always friendly and accommodating. Its a short walk to the park, but they do charge for parking. I think its about $4 a day, which isn't bad since most of the motels have some kind of "resort" fee attached.

I've stayed at the Annabella, but it was some years ago. It was very nice I thought. I've yet to stay at HoJo's but I know its a great place too!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X