This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Best Food Deal in the Disneyland Resort

All the prices for food at disneyland seem pretty high.
    I'm just trying to find out the most tasty, cheapest dinner you could get at disneyland, dca, or downtown disney?

hehe don't say blue bayou .., I know its tasty, but its not too cheap.
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Best Food Deal in the Disneyland Resort

IMHO, it is Wetzel's Pretzel and its Pretzel Dog's Combo, where a Hot Dog in a Pretzel Bun and a Soda is about $6, and you get a AP discount.

Not the biggest meal, but a great deal...

Off Property, I love the AGW Bar Louie Happy Hour deal during the week (4 to 7 weekdays), and of course, the $5 Subway Footlongs at the corner of Harbor and Katella if you want a lot of food for cheap. (And then head to 7-11 across the street for sodas!).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
      IMHO, it is Wetzel's Pretzel and its Pretzel Dog's Combo, where a Hot Dog in a Pretzel Bun and a Soda is about $6, and you get a AP discount.

Not the biggest meal, but a great deal...

Off Property, I love the AGW Bar Louie Happy Hour deal during the week (4 to 7 weekdays), and of course, the $5 Subway Footlongs at the corner of Harbor and Katella if you want a lot of food for cheap. (And then head to 7-11 across the street for sodas!).
      haha $5 foot longs cant beat that . I used to work at subway, so I am kind of subwayed out. Is the wetzel pretzel hot dog combo pretty tasty? (It's in DTD I looked it up and answered my own question)

Is it better than Corndog Castle in DCA? I was thinking about going there one night.
      Last edited by Yackerz; 03-25-2009, 03:41 PM.
      Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Corn Dog Castle isn't cheap. But they are BIG corn dogs!

ESPN Zone is reasonable, it's sit-down and they have free soda refills.

Whitewater Snacks is fairly cheap and tastey. Heck, you could make a meal out of their nachos if you want.

If you venture down to the Subway and/or 7-11, watch out for the hobo's. They'll hit you up for some cash and maybe make some comments towards your new bride.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post

Whitewater Snacks is fairly cheap and tastey. Heck, you could make a meal out of their nachos if you want.

If you venture down to the Subway and/or 7-11, watch out for the hobo's. They'll hit you up for some cash and maybe make some comments towards your new bride.
          *shiver* off property.. *shiver*

Comment

It's not "cheap" but it won't break the bank....Taste Pilot's in DCA is the best quick serv at DLR in my opinion. For the last three years I've just gone there for lunch each time I'm in the park and always look forward to it. You get a lot of food and it's always good.
            My Disneyland After Dark Flickr set!
            My Disneyland Flickr set!
            My Walt Disney World Flickr set!

Comment

On South Harbor Boulevard, Mcdonald's, Quiznos, Denny's are pretty good deals

Comment

As far as in the park, the Bengal BBQ is a fair deal to me. Of course, I don't eat meat or anything, so, to me, the skewers are worth the money.
                I'd also say Jamba Juice as well. For 5 to 6 bucks, you can get a pretty filling smoothy, and its somewhat healthier than anything else you'll get in the parks.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBob View Post
                  As far as in the park, the Bengal BBQ is a fair deal to me. Of course, I don't eat meat or anything, so, to me, the skewers are worth the money.
                  No not get me wrong I do like the Bengal BBQ, but I would not call it a fair deal. It always seemed a little over priced for the amount of food you got.
                  Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

We get the pasta at pizza port and share it. They give you a lot of pasta and I can never finish it all. Most of the time we eat outside of the park. We like to go to the garden walk.

Comment

...we have always enjoyed the Classic Corner

Comment

IN Disneyland has to be Turkey Legs; for me it always has been. The chocolate cakes at GCH can't be beat either. For a sit down meal; it's always been pizza port and their chicken alfredo is really good for Disney food.

Now if your going to wander away; its McCormick and Schmick's in Gardenwalk, 1.95 half pound cheeseburger during happy hour M-F 4-6:30pm, and you do need to buy a drink, but for 5 bucks burger and a beer can't be beat.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post

How close to the gardenwalk / disneyland are these hobos! I've come across my share of them here in Pittsburgh, and I don't mind them too much, but there always is the occasional scary one that starts to follow you. I don't want that to be the case here haha..

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                          We get the pasta at pizza port and share it. They give you a lot of pasta and I can never finish it all. Most of the time we eat outside of the park. We like to go to the garden walk.
                          What type of pasta do they have? Do you share one big pasta with both of you? Anything else really tasty there. The pizza looks pretty expensive.

Comment

For your only day at Disneyland, I don't recommend an hour or two outside the park, unless you're eating after 9PM (when the gates close and you have to leave). So, eat a late lunch (2-ish), then a late dinner.

Since you're from a foreign area, I suggest an adventure to an In-N-Out Burger. They're open late.
                            Corner of Brookhurst (1.5 miles west of Harbor) and Orange (1.5 miles north of Katella).

Here's an aerial view:
                            http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...53809&t=h&z=13

However, I would recommend instead a cheap lunch in the park, then a very nice dinner at Napa Rose in the GCH.

Comment

I think it is the Pilot's Grill in DCA. You get the ribs, fries and we make a salad from the condiments bar. You get alot of food so we share. The other place is the Fried Chicken at the Plaza. Three pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and a bisquit. Alot of food. For the 5 of us we usually get 3 meals and split. The fried chicken is a must for this household. Not just any but the Plaza's. When hubby and I went for his b-day and our anniversary (they are on the same day) we had to save some and bring it home to the kids. Even reheated the next day they loved it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X