This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Las Brisas!

Las Brisas restaraunt located in Laguna Beach.

Anyone ever go here and like / dislike it?
    What would you recommend trying?
    Is the restaraunt casual clothes or dressy?

I read parking is only valet for this restaraunt. I never experience valet parking before.
    Do they give you some kind of ticket that you just give back to them whenever you want to get your car back?
    What if I lose the ticket?
    Are you supposed to tip the valet drivers? What would be an appropriate tip?
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Las Brisas!

Sunday Brunch is fantastic. Casual dress is the only way to go.

If you don't want to Park in Valet...just park in the neighborhood north of the place, a bit of a walk, but if your on a budget this will work for you.

They will give you a ticket. Don't lose the ticket...shouldn't be hard to do, it's like the key to your car. You will pay a base rate for parking in Valet, then add a couple of bucks for a tip, if this is the way your going to park.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Agree with going for brunch! Parking can be hard to find in the area, so I recommend you pay the minimal valet charge and then you can leave your car in their lot while you walk down to the beach after your meal. That will be much nicer than running out to put quarters in the parking meter all the time.
      A signature should go here.

Comment

ya that sounds good , can't go for Sunday brunch unfortunately, as I'll be in the Yosemite area come then. I'll probably go for dinner Wednesday when I arrive on my honeymoon

The site says $6 for valet. I guess it could be worse. What's a good tip $2? haha. I guess I could be super nice and give him a $10 bill.
        Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
          What if I lose the ticket?

Oh NO!

Valet?

Haven't you seen the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off???

Or Gone In 60 Seconds???

Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
            What's a good tip $2?
            That just depends on what someone taking good care of your car's worth to you. I like to just give 'em a tenner, that's a decent tip IMO.
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

ya 66.66% of the charge. That's a good tip definitely.. I'll make sure I have a tenner just for the time . If you tipped waitresses 66.66% I'd be a poor man.

Comment

I usually don't tip that much... I tip depending on how hard it is for them to park the car. If it's a place where they really have maneuver to get it parked, then i pay them more and am grateful that i didn't have to do it. If it's just a regular parking lot, I give them less.
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I can only afford $5 tip.:blush: