This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Po' Folks

We've enjoyed Po' Folks restaurant the past two years during our Thanksgiving trip to the Resort.

We spend the day after T-Day at Knott's, then have dinner there.

Huge portions and tastey meals. A lot of fried stuff. Great prices!

Do "locals" eat there too, or just us "tourists"?

Re: Po' Folks

Lisa and I ate there last Saturday night.

We go once in awhile, alas, there are so many good choices in the area.

At the resort, Johnny Rockets, T.G.I.Friday's, Amber Waves, Ghost Town Grill and of course, Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant.

Just off property, Fatburger and Claim Jumper, then Fuddruckers and Po' Folks father up Beach.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Is Po'Folks the one with the magicians and ribs and balloon animal people going around to tables? Right across from Knotts?

If so, we went there for my daughter's fifth bday dinner and it was a blast.

Comment

I love Po' Folks, mostly for the sweet tea. Mmmmm...

Comment

When we lived in fullerton.. we went to po folks all the time.. I love it there.. great food and decent prices

Friends for life

Comment

^^^^^^

Yeah, if we lived local, we'd be there quite often too!

Thanks!

Comment

We love Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner restaurant. Haven't been to Po Folks, but, DO highly recommend the chicken at Knotts. You don't have to go to the park (Inside anyway) to get to it.

Comment

^^^^^^^

Yeah, three years ago, during our day trip to Knott's, we had dinner there (and numerous times before for the past 30 years or so).

Since it was the day after T-Day, they still had the T-Day placemat menu's on the tables. Looks like they had a nice spread there for T-Day dinner.

One time while visiting Knott's, we ordered a box of their chicken to go. We took it back to the DL Hotel to enjoy it.

Finger lickin' good! (or is that the slogan for the other place??? hehe)

Comment

I love Mrs. Knott's even though I don't eat chicken on the bone, I haven't eaten there in forever

Po' Folks is really good too. We've had a few good meals there, they have awesome breakfasts

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

We had a great dinner at Po' Folks once again this past Friday.

A great dinner, huge portions and a total bill of under a hundred bucks (including a generous tip) for the six of us.

Tough to beat that!

Enjoy!

Comment

I've never been out there, but I'm wondering if this is the same Po Folks that we used to have where I live. Is it a chain? Southern theme? Drinks served in mason jars? If so, I loved that place as a kid. Ours closed years ago.

Comment

Yep, that's the place!

Sorry to hear that yours closed.

Comment

Po'Folks Bfast is tough to beat. Mmmm'mmm, Biscuits'n Gravy.

Comment

Thanks for this thread! Two years ago we stayed in Buena Park and passed by Po'Folks daily, but never stopped. We are heading there again in a month and staying in Buena Park again. We will be sure to stop in and have dinner! Mmmmm Buscuits and Gravy!

Comment

Everything they have is great there, next time try the catfish. Great southern comfort food...
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X